Multiple problems with content copier and New Blog Template

Where to start? Looking into this, I have a recent problem and a long term problem.

Recent problem: I have the group getting both the group and template posts while the template group is not getting any.

Long Term problem: I have many, many orphans that I can't identify that are not ever getting any posts and since I can't identify them, I don't want to duplicate them in a group if they are included in the template group.

The recent problem just started when I needed to revert to New Blog Template 2.8 because of registration problems (Support Ticket) When I re-installed NBT, I lost all settings for the blog template and needed to recreate it.

I've been using content copier with NBT since 8/2014. At the time of installation, I had 31 existing sites so I created a group for them and then all new sites should have been included in the blog template group - the blog template group shows a quantity of 90 when their should be approx 140 - so it looks like I have a lot of orphans but I have no idea which sites may or may not be included. Although it may be possible that I lost all connection to them when I re-installed NBT - its hard to know - the dashboard still says 90 but I just copied a post to all sites in my 2-step process (first to the 31 site pre-template group and then next to the template group). What I found was each site of the pre-template group got 2 copies and the template group got none. My first thought was that I made a mistake and had selected the pre-group twice - so I re-did the template group and none of the sites got a copy but when I checked on the pre-template group, they now had 3 posts!!!

How do I fix this for all current subscribers and for future? This is exceptionally important because a main part of my service includes copying posts onto our subscriber's sites (approx 3-4 per week) and sending text notifications with links to posts.

• Jude

Hey @antKat

Hope you are keeping well !

I see the short term issue has been reported as a bug and assigned to a dev. You should be hearing back there shortly.

About this one

Long Term problem: I have many, many orphans that I can't identify that are not ever getting any posts and since I can't identify them, I don't want to duplicate them in a group if they are included in the template group.

I am not sure if there is an automated way of doing this. You may need to identify the orphans manually and remove them using queries.

Id use a tool like this when inspecting the DBs

https://www.adminer.org/

Also once you see a pattern in the orphans its going to be much easier to identify/group them.

Cheers
    Jude

• antKat

Hi Jude,
    Recent problem: when was this bug reported? I did not have this problem on Monday.

Long term problem:
    1. What queries?
    2. What table is the info stored at?
    3. What would be ideal is if I could get all sites that should be included in the blog template group added so that I could just send one copy command per post.

I need to copy the post generated today to the template group (that didn't send) plus the orphans today. I can't add all of these to the pre-template group because those sites already have the post added 3 times. I don't want to create another group because then I will need to repeat the process 3 times for each post in the future. How can I manually add all of the sites into the template group?

• Jude

Howdy @antKat

Hope you are keeping well !

I see the short term issue has been reported as a bug and assigned to a dev. You should be hearing back there shortly.

Sorry about that, I see a bug report was filed in the ticket you reported, a closer look shows that they may have been 2 separate issues. One with NBT and the other with the CIMY extra fields. I am able to reproduce this issue on my end and I am flagging a bug on the recent issue here.

Long term problem:

1) The exact queries will vary slightly based on the DB prefix and the IDs of the site groups.
    2) The tables you'd need to look at would be

wp_mcc_blogs_groups and wp_mcc_blogs_groups_relationship

3) See my screen shot this data is stored as a 1 : 1 mapping in the wp_mcc_blogs_groups_relationship table per blog. So if you can add all the 140 sites to the group here a single copy command should do the job as you want.

Don't forget the backups before manually editing these tables.

I have already flagged a bug in this thread and this one here looks like a separate issue.

I need to copy the post generated today to the template group (that didn't send) plus the orphans today. I can't add all of these to the pre-template group because those sites already have the post added 3 times. I don't want to create another group because then I will need to repeat the process 3 times for each post in the future.

Its best if you open a separate thread for this one specifically as it makes sense to keep this modular. We likely may need to get dev feedback on this and it may end up confusing rather than helping to club multiple issues in this ticket.

I'll post back once I get an update on the bug report. Sorry about the delay and appreciate your patience.

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.