Multiple products/subscriptions per member

We currently have the Membership plugin installed on a WP Multi-User setup. Several membership levels are configured. ie: Free, Bronze, Silver and Gold

The question we have is, can we possibly allow existing members the ability to start another subscription for a separate product?

Right now members are paying for access to the website, but we want to offer them the ability to purchase a re-occurring monthly subscription to a webinar series. The way I see this is, the webinar should simply be an "add-on" product to an existing membership. Is there anyway in which this could be facilitated with the current plugin?

One idea we had, but don't really care for is the following:
Duplicate all of our membership levels to include the webinar
ie: Bronze Level - Includes Webinar
Silver Level - Includes Webinar
Gold Level - Includes Webinar

But I feel this would not only clutter the signup/payment page, but would be confusing to the members. Additionally we would like members to be able to signup for the webinar add-on product and then be able to drop it if they decide they don't want it any more, but also still remain a paying member of the site without access to the webinars.

Any ideas, thoughts suggestions on how we could implement something like this would be appreciated.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya imagebox,

Thanks for the detailed post. You're right. For the moment the easiest way to handle this through the membership plugin is to duplicate your subscription plans. We've been taking a look at some other solutions to provide in membership and the possibility of "add ons" is very real.

I'll ask the developer if he has any thoughts to add here, but I believe that this is on the roadmap.

Thanks!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi imagebox,

Your proposed method of separating the subscriptions is the best way I can think to achieve that apart from custom coding up a more specific solution.

One other thing I can think of is to enable Multisite and use a sub-site for the webinar. Membership could be configured separately on that sub-site. Would that work for you?

Cheers,
    David

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem
    was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this
    thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not
    Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU
    DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of
    assistance in the future.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.