Multiple "Protected Content" pages?

Can I create multiple "protected content" pages for the different levels of membership sign-ups?

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there. Hope you're well.

Sure, I always think the best way to handle this is through categories. Protect the category will protect the articles within. You could have a cat per level that and then when you publish new content just add the applicable cat and you're done. :slight_smile:

You can use the Pages protection feature, but if you end up with lots of pages and keep adding them, it can be cumbersome to manage. That feature is really for managing a small number and the reason I believe categories are best.

Take care.

• Charlie Pryor

Hi idavila,

I'm just the video guy here, but I think i have an answer for you anyways.

I don't believe having multiple protected content pages is able to be done "out of the box" with Membership. However, there may be an easily solution for you in regards to using the protected content features built into the plugin to give you a similar result.

If you're familiar with using short codes, there are short codes set up automatically for each membership level in the plugin. You could create content within the short codes for specific levels, and then have them all sit on the protected content page.

This way, a member with a specific level that's the same as the short code, would see the content within the short codes.

I've attached a sample screenshot of the workflow I'm referring to. Go ahead and give that a try and see if it gives you the result you're looking for.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member

Charlie

• Timothy Bowers

I don't believe having multiple protected content pages is able to be done "out of the box" with Membership. However, there may be an easily solution for you in regards to using the protected content features built into the plugin to give you a similar result.

Sure it is. :slight_smile:

It's limited to 25 and 50 for resource reasons, if a site had thousands of posts and pages, then loading them could be resource intensive. You can change the limits with:

define( 'MEMBERSHIP_POST_COUNT', 25);

Within the administration area by default when setting up access you can only see 25 posts.

You can extend that with this code. Just change the number to something you would like.

Keep in mind the higher the number, the longer the process time and the more likely your

PHP will either timeout or present Memory errors.

define( 'MEMBERSHIP_PAGE_COUNT', 50);

This is the same as the option for posts, however it controls the amount of pages. By default this one is restricted to 50.

As I mentioned in my post, I don't think it's practical to handle posts and pages like this when you start to get a sizeable number. Instead protecting categories would be better, any article within that category can then be protected as the post is made. :slight_smile:

Cheers.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.