Multiple Subscriptions - Optional Levels

i’m developing a site.. we users can subscribe to content. I have a basic level and then 4 optional levels. so for example the basic is general english phrases , but then you can take any of the optional levels like business phrases, social phrases etc. So can I a) allow users to have multiple subscriptions so in theory they could have 5 subscriptions and b) how can I only show the optional subscriptions once the they have subscribed to the basic level

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello there

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

To the best of my understanding the end users can only have one subscription at a time - so multiple subscription is not possible out of the box.

Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

I am really sorry that I missed part B - apologize.

In fact there is no 'optional subscriptions' (in term), but you can show option to upgrade/renew for other subscription plan with the shortcode [renewform].

Please let me know if it is helpful and feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Jason
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I also noticed that within the "all members" tab.. the user shows has having multiple subscriptions and multiple levels .. Can I get an definite answer about multiple subscriptions as it appears to be working, but you advise it doesn't. and if it doesn't what stops a user from signing up to a second subscription

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

hi @Jason

Currently I am away due to an occasion - sorry for you waiting.

I just confirmed with one of my colleague too that your user can't be under two subscriptions plan, but yes, I noticed from admin panel you can more plan to a single user.

I am tagging the developer in this thread so that he can explain this better.

Thank you for your patience.

Cheers
    Ash

• Jason
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Ok thanks, testing with paypal - it seems that a user can have more than one active subscriptions and this as also reflected in the admin console.

some clarification would be great.. If it does work, whats the limitations, and if it doesn't work how do you stop customers from electing more than one subscription.

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Sorry, I just confirmed with developer with recent updates multiple subscription is possible and all will be active. But there are possibilities of being conflicts of rules.

Would you please check that both subscriptions are working perfectly, sorry as I mentioned above I am not in my working place, so can't test it and help you more now.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.