Multiple taxonomies in main body area

My engineer claims it is not possible to show multiple taxonomy posts in the main body area.

In custompress, I added a new post type, call it activities. Then I went into taxonomies and classified these activities as posts. So now I have the regular wordpress posts, and a custom taxonomy called activities, but which are posts.

My engineer says he can't hard code into the theme to insert posts + activities into the main body blogging area. My vision is that posts and activities would mix and blend, depending only on time posted. So in the recent blogging posts stream, you would see posts and activities together.

Is it possible to do this or something fundamental I am missing?

• Mason

Hiya alberti,

Not entirely sure, but something like this would should be doable for different post types. It'd be something like this (saw it on wordpress.org forums)
    query_posts(
    array(
    'post_type' => array(
    'first_custom_type',
    'second_custom_type',
    ),
    'posts_per_page' => 10,
    'post_status' => 'publish',
    )
    );

while ( have_posts() ) :
    the_post();

// etc.

I'll ask a couple devs to respond if they have a better idea.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

• Ivan

@alberti

My engineer claims it is not possible to show multiple taxonomy posts in the main body area.

I don't quite understand what "taxonomy posts" mean. There are the "post_types" such as "post", "page", "movies" ... etc. and there are the Taxonomies ( which are used to categorize the "post_type" ). Each Taxonomy can have multiple Terms ( Tag, Category, Actors ... etc. ) and each Terms can have a hierarchical structure and have a "sub-terms".

In custompress, I added a new post type, call it activities. Then I went into taxonomies and classified these activities as posts. So now I have the regular wordpress posts, and a custom taxonomy called activities, but which are posts.

I think you are confusing post_types and taxonomies here. Check the Description links on top of this thread for further info: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/new-plugin-custompress-custom-post-taxonomy-and-field-manager

My engineer says he can't hard code into the theme to insert posts + activities into the main body blogging area. My vision is that posts and activities would mix and blend, depending only on time posted. So in the recent blogging posts stream, you would see posts and activities together.

As Mason suggested, you should use the query_posts() function for displaying anything you want on your front pages - http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/query_posts

Is it possible to do this or something fundamental I am missing?

You can display almost anything in WordPress with query_posts() .

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.