multiside trouble. Can only see blog posts when logged in.

Hi guys
My problem is that when bloggers try to make a new blog post and they publish it, it only appears when you're logged in. As soon as you're not logged in and have updated the page, the blog post can't be found anywhere.
I suspect that it might have something to do with a plugin called WPBakery Page Builder, that can't be updated. When I try to update it, it fails and writes: "The specified url is invalid".
But not sure that is the problem. the page can be seen here: http://footbloggers.dk/

Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Cheers

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Kasper Stentebjerg Frederiksen,

I hope you're having a nice day!

If I correctly understand, posts published on sub-sites are not visible on these sub-sites for logged out (visitors) users but only for logged in, is that right?

Does this affect all the blogs (sub-sites) and all the users or just some of them? If some, could you please tell me which one(s)?

I would also like to take a closer look at your setup and test it so would you mind enabling support access to the site for me? To do this, please go to the "WPMU DEV -> Support" page on your site and click on "Grant support access" button there and let me know once you're ready with it.

Best regards,
    Adam

• Kasper Stentebjerg Frederiksen

Hi Adam

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have granted access to you now.

The problem affects all users and subsites. I became aware of the problem when a new user created a subsites/blog and published a post. Then I tried to publish a blog post from my own older subsite, but the result was the same. Both are visible when logged in, but not when logged out.

I've tried to illustrate it on the attached screen dumps.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hi Kasper Stentebjerg Frederiksen,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the site and the reason for the issue is caching. It seems to act very "aggressively" on your setup and I'm wondering whether there's some additional server-side cache. Usually you should be able to check that via cPanel (or any other server management panel that you got at your disposal). If there is, it might be worth to review its settings as it might be interfering.

Apart from this (which is just a suggestion, though worth checking), I have cleared cache on your setup and switched an option to clear cache whenever a post/page is published.

See "Network Admin -> Hummingbird -> Caching -> Page Caching" page in your site's back-end. That brought back those missing posts on main site's front page and also on blogs and should prevent the issue from happening in future.

To make sure, please test it and let me know if you can confirm that it's working fine now.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.