Multisite?

Anyone use this on Multisite?
This plugin seems like a dream come true :slight_smile:

• LubyG
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I agree, badly needed for MU. Our server runs automatic daily, weekly and monthly backups. However, I am backup crazy. We now have hundreds of web clients most of which are now in Wordpress. This is handy for them but I run several WPMU systems that are getting quite large and sometimes would only like to restore certain sub domain sites without interfering with all the other activity.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings drift2,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Unfortunately this plugin is not for use with MultiSites due to in my opinion is not possible to deal with the complex task of addressing the infinite possibilities of database configurations in MultiSites including multi databases.

However, I may have a solution for you - I offer you to download in what is in my opinion the greatest Database Management software of all time Navicat.

That could definitely do the job for you - I would love to hear how it goes if you try it out?

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• nphaskins
    • Flash Drive

We run real-time backups for the main site, themes, and plugins using VaultPress (which WPMU you guys should be ashamed of yourselves, basically ripping off the shield logo that VaultPress uses). Then, we use BackupBuddy to backup the subsites, and additional provide another backup for the main site.

Then, we offer a premium backups for an additional fee for the sub-sites, which means plugging them up through Vaultpress, all managed under one dashboard.

• James Farmer
    • CEO (of WPMU DEV, honest)

@nphaskins hadn't thought of that, as you can see it's in none of the promotional stuff, just a regular icon, we came up with it independently... honest :slight_smile:

We're not aiming, right now, to offer an alternative to either of those services... but you never know, I think a lot of folk would like a backup system that doesn't cost them as an ongoing service.

Still, your setup does sound quite cool :slight_smile: Got any screengrabs we can see?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.