Multisite adds /blog in the URL

After I installed the multisite, the URL adds a /blog in the permalinks.
A few infos in the internet said that I can remove that in the main site just by changing the configs in the Sites>>MainSite>>Config. and not making any more changes to the permalinks page.

I did that and the URL is now OK, but after I installed the fundraising plugin, the projects created are listed in the http://mydomain.com/blog/projects. But if i go to the page i get a 404 error.

How can I fix this issue. Either removing the /blog from the URL in another way, or fixing the fundrasing plugin URL.

• diegoys
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Kimberly,

Thanks for your reply, but I already know that I can change that in the Other Tab,
    but that's exactly the problem I'm refering to.

I changed that but when I go to the page I get a 404 error.

That happens because my multisite added a /blog in the URLs, and since I don't want to use it, i just removed the /blog from the main site permalink structure directly in the config tab of the site.

My permalinks would be /mydomain/year/month/post-name and not /mydomain/blog/year/month/post-name

That's why I asked if there is a way to remove the /blog besides removing directly from the site config page. That would solve the problem with this plugin and any other that might appear later.

=)

• diegoys

Hi Kimberly,

This is a NginX vs htaccess config problem then, but maybe the fundrasing plugin could take a look at the Events + plugin to check the reference for the URL rewrite.

For the Events+ I set the URL to be /mydomain.com/shows
    The page load perfectly fine. No 404 error whatsoever and the /blog is ignored completely and that does not happen in the rewrite of the fundrasing plugin.

I'll take a look at the documentation you sent me and try to google for solutions for the nginx and path based wp.

thanks a lot =)

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Greetings of the day.

I was doing a regular followup today and found that we missed your last post on this one.

Are you still seeking support on this one ? Please let us know so that we can take it further and assist you on the same :slight_smile:

Thanks for being a great community member !

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Did you know we offer FREE lifetime memberships? Click here to learn more.

• diegoys

Hi PC, i still cant access the page with oll the crowfundings since it auto send me to the site URL.
    I also did not tested it any further for now. I'll be back to test that ins a few weeks, but it looks like the problem still happen.

Regards.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.