Multisite Analytics to Network analyze without network activating

I am trying to get google analytics to track my network without giving everyone access to using their own tracking code. I wanted to reserve this for certain pro site memberships. I was under the impression that I could deactivate it in the network admin and it would still track across the network. I think I may have misunderstood something

• aecnu

Greetings Ren,

After a quick going over of it's settings and the logic behind them - it is either the whole network or site by site but cannot be both for the very reason that to track the whole network your settings must prevail throughout the whole network.

Therefore when network activated you have the ability of tracking the whole network. Alternatively whe it is site by site activated then the end user enter their own Google Analytics codes into the plugins settings, but there is no aggregation of their stats to combine with your stats too and I am not sure if it is even possible. even Google itself does not offer aggregation of all of your tracked sites in Analytics.

When not network activated you can activate on a level controlled site by site basis.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.