Multisite and Buddypress- can you offer BP to just a few on your network?

If I set up a network site, and choose to NOT use BP for my main site, and some other site I might set up, can I still make BP available to others that might sign up and want BP?

Will they get along is this way?

Also, I noticed some business themes that I installed. Then when I was in the admin/Themes I noticed that they now had Buddypress in the names of the themes. Does this mean that they can ONLY work with BP?

Thanks,
Tom

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Tom,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

If I set up a network site, and choose to NOT use BP for my main site, and some other site I might set up, can I still make BP available to others that might sign up and want BP?

http://codex.buddypress.org/developer/extending-buddypress/changing-internal-configuration-settings/
    will get you sorted.

define( 'BP_ROOT_BLOG', $blog_id );
    is what you will be using.

Also, I noticed some business themes that I installed. Then when I was in the admin/Themes I noticed that they now had Buddypress in the names of the themes. Does this mean that they can ONLY work with BP?

Not, it means that they are compatible with BuddyPress as well :slight_smile: Actually it's the theme name in the theme files. Compatibility can be checked via actual theme page in the right hand sidebar under compatibility heading.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.