Multisite and Google Analytics with Subdirectories

Hi,

I have the plugin enabled for my multisite configuration (7 mapped domains (x.com, y.com, z.com) to one domain (123.com) but can’t figure out how to get a GA report on a per site basis. I do not want a report that combines the 7 sites under the 123.com domain. I need to see each domain separately. Is there a tutorial out there that covers this? Can someone provide instructions? Do I need to have 7 separate GA accounts? I have to get this resolved asap and any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

• WebDoc
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey Melissa,

It appears that you can achieve this by following the attached tutorial I found. You can create one GA profile and turn on the subdomain tracking. From there you can add filters to show each subdomain separately. The tutorial goes into greater detail. Hope this helps!

Best regards,

David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @melissa,

Actually, I’m hoping you’ll find this one as amazing as I’ve found it. You simply go here:

yoursite.com/wp-admin/network/settings.php?page=google-analytics

Enter your one “Network-wide Tracking Code”.

Set “Domain Mapping” to “Yes”.

And that should be it! Oh, just leave the settings blank on those sub-sites and you should see stats start showing after a bit of time.

Basically, with no information entered on the sub-sites, they’ll use that main tracking code. And you’ll be able to see the stats in the dashboard area of each sub-site. They’ll be stats that are specific to those sub-sites.

Could you let me know how that works for you? Or were did you have that setup and you’re seeing differently?

@david, thanks for that helpful bit of info on how to do it through GA.

Cheers!

David

• Ashish
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Anyway to set up in-page analytics for each subdirectory install that can be viewed from my Google Analytics account?

Also, we want to set up seller admin analytic (how our admins for our subdirectory sites are behaving in the admin area). How would we go about setting that up?

Thanks

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Ashish,

Hope you are well today!

For in-page analytics per site you would need to create a separate UA ID that you put into the subsite and track it that way :slight_smile: then you should be able to do in-page analytics for that site from your google analytics account.

You can enable admin page tracking from your basic network tracking settings located Settings > Google Analytics from your network admin area.

Click enable for Admin Page tracking.

Hope that helps!

Let us know if you need any further assistance here :slight_smile:

All the best,

Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.