Multisite Anlytics: Network Activation?

I'm trying to get a handle on the best way to use this with Pro Sites.

If I want only supporters to have access to the anlytics plugin, do I still network activate it?

• troykd
    • The Crimson Coder

I think I have it figured out. The instructions could use clarification.

You need two Google Analytics website profiles. One for the entire network and one for the site admin at the top domain. On the GA network profile, I selected domain with subdomains for tracking. For the GA site profile, I chose single domain.

In the plugin configuration I just selected to make it for supporter blogs only (That needs to be updated to read PRO SITES).

Thanks

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey troykd.

Thats right, in the Domain Mapping settings you can make it "Supporter only" This should indeed be Pro Sites.

You only need one Google Analytics account for the main network which you add in the network admin.

If you are tracking each site separately yourself then you use multiple Analytics and add each one to each site accordingly.

The main network setting will collect all stats globally.

If your users will track their own sites, then it would be their Analytics code within their own site.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Troy,

Glad you got that sorted and we'll take a look at how the instructions might be improved, though there's some things in the works that should make all the plugins far easier to use without necessarily having to use the instructions pages here.

With that in progress, I'm sure the "Supporter" string will be updated as well. Thanks for your feedback.

-David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.