Multisite as family site generator and moderate registration by admin of sub site

Hi,

I've installed multisite with subdomains. Users can create their private site (with Multisite Privacy) and I (Super Admin) received notifications.

What i would like to make :
- Users have to register on the subsite, not on the main site -> ok with Join My Multisite
- Sub site admin (and not super admin) received notifications to moderate registrations of their own site
- When approved, Users receives notification and can visit the subsite (and only this one)

Is there a way to make it ? After many searches, none did the trick.

Thank you,
Frank

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Frank,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

If you'd like to restrict user to be able to visit only the subsite he/she signed up for, you may use the "Multisite User Management" plugin. Please take a look here:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/multisite-user-management/

- Sub site admin (and not super admin) received notifications to moderate registrations of their own site

I'm afraid this may require some custom coding work. I can think though of a workaround here. You can enable "Send the network admin an email notification every time someone registers a site or user account" option on your dashboard's

"Network admin" -> "Settings" -> "Network Settings" page.

You'll be then receiving all the signup notifications but you should also be able to create some simple filters for your e-mail account that would forward those notifications to the subsites admins. Although this is a solution far from perfect, it should work and be relatively easy to setup.

If you have any further questions, I'll be glad to help!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Frank

Hey Adam,

Sorry for the late response, my membership was disabled for a moment.

Your idea is interesting but if my business grows as I hope, I am afraid of not having enough time to create filters for each new site creation.

It would be great if Absolute Privacy would support multisite. Maybe someone here has found an alternative to reproduce the operation of Absolute Privacy in multisite?

Regards,
    Frank

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Frank,

I hope you're well today!

After reading you recent replay I come to a conclusion that I didn't quite get what you had in mind at first and although my tip wasn't quite meaningless there might be another way :slight_smile:

You ask about replicating "Absolute Privacy" features but with Multisite support. However, in your previous post you've mentioned a "Multisite privacy". I've compared the features of Absolute Privacy and our Multisite Privacy plugin and if I'm not missing something here, the latter could do the job.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/sitewide-privacy-options-for-wordpress-mu/

Take a look at the screenshot that I've attached here, please. As you can see, there's an option "Only registerd users of this blog can have access - anyone found under Users -> All Users can have access". This should give an access to the site only to the users registered for this particular site. That would be step one.

Second step would be to make users sign up for a selected site. As you've previously mentioned, the "Join my Multisite" plugin should do the trick.

Third thing is to let sub-sites admins moderate users. There's a free plugin called "WP Approve User":

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-approve-user/

As far as I understand, if properly configured it will prevent registered users from logging in to the site unless admin approves their signups first. When approved, user should get an e-mail notification. There might be some issues while setting it up for Multisite envirnoment but those seem to be covered in this forum:

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/plugin-wp-approve-user-multi-site

On last thing to manage would be the notifications of user registration but unfortunately I cannot think of any easy "out-of-the-box" solution here.

That being said, give my proposed setup a thought. If it doesn't work for you (and if it does then for notification issue only) you may need some custom solution. You can always post a question on our "Jobs & Pros" job board here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Adam

• Frank

Hey Adam,

Thank you for your comprehensive answer!

I managed to do what I wanted:

- Setting Multisite Privacy ("Only allow a registered user to see a website for qui They Are registered to")
    - Installation of Join my Multisite
    - Installation of WP Approve User: I had to modify the code however to ensure that the Sub-site admins can approve or disapprove new users (the original code did not give this right only Super Admin)
    - For the Sub-sites admin are notified of a new registration so that it is moderate fast, I was inspired by this article (a big thank you to Ben by the way).

I still have many things to do to finalize my project, including the possibility of linking Multisite Privacy and Pro sites (for example: free registration to a new site with the default settings "Allow all visitors to all sites. " and paid registrations to a new site with the default settings "Only allow a registered user to see a site for which they are registered to. "). If you already have ideas on this point I care :wink: But I will return to you when needed with another thread.

A big thank you for your help!

Cheers,
    Frank

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Frank,

Glad to hear you managed to find a solution to your question :slight_smile:

Regarding the followup, would you please open new thread with that question as it will be easier for both you and our staff members to keep track of everything in separate threads.

You can start a new thread here and we will be on it :slight_smile:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.