Multisite: Autoblogging myself

Hi! Keeping in line with my theory that "if it's stupid and works, it isn't stupid", I decided to create an RSS feed of the user created sites using Recent Global Feed, then importing them into my front page blog using Autoblog.

This isn't horribly inefficient, and won't cause my server to explode, will it? If this passes muster, I'll likely be creating several feeds and doing the same thing.

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hey there Fox Wilde,

hope you're doing good and thanks for asking us! :slight_smile:

It seems to me that more and more members of ours are using this technique to feed main blog with posts published across the multisite network.
    Can't tell if this is "stupid" or not, as all depends on the workflow you want to follow. I presume that your main concern here is the automated procedure, rather than manually copying post content via Multisite Content Copier.

Performance wise now, I don't think that you will confront any issues, especially if you are not in a shared hosting package. But even so, only a "benchmark" test can ensure you about the opposite. Simply create some autoblog posts and check your servers stats considering resources and bandwidth (or any other limit that you might have). :wink:

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.