Multisite Backups with Snapshot?

Ok, Snapshot is described on you website as a plugin we can use to create backups of WordPress Multisite including the database. The settings also indicate "Include all blog database tables in this archive. This will automatically include new tables."

Issue is, that statement is extremely misleading, or the plugin is broke.

The plugin is only backing up the main WP Multisite tables and NOT the tables of the subsites (ie: joe.example.com).

What can we do to address this? We need a "full" db backup and not a partial. I can only imagine what will actually happen if I decided to restore the db backup.

The plugin doesn't work as described. Please address this asap.

Thanks

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @steve_macdonald,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question! :slight_smile:

Snapshot does backup all tables, but only those tables of the site, on a multisite install, snapshot works on a site by site basis, whereas you back up each site independently of each other and then you also restore on a site by site basis, rather than one large backup for the whole network.

One large backup of a multisite normally resulted in timeouts and memory issues with various hosts, unless the users had a dedicated server, this is why it works on a site by site basis.

I can confirm though, that by restoring a site, you won't lose the tables of another site for example.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.