MultiSite blog network disappearance..need help here

Hello there,

One of our MultiSite blog networks completely went of air. Nothing seems to be there anymore if you try to access it on a browser, also the login and admin page are not there.

Also in the WPMUDEV hub it disappeared, and I can't bring it back there as well.

It concerns a blog network that hasn't been used the past weeks, so we have no clue what caused this mishap. Since the blog is inaccessible, including on the hub, I cannot restore it to a previous back up.

On the hosting server, the corresponding blog directory and its content are still there. We just have no clue what's causing the problem here and need some help. It concerns: http://blogs.fasos.maastrichtuniversity.nl/logoimago/20162017/

Many thanks,
Sjoerd

• Katya Tsihotska

Hi FASoS

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

I've checked your site and it returns HTTP ERROR 500, it means that there is a Fatal Error(s) on the server side.

In order to diagnose your issue, I'd request you to perform the two tests mentioned in the following:
    1. Just to make sure no plugins are causing this, can you please do a plugin conflict test?
    The simplest way to perform a plugin conflict test:
    * Login to your site via FTP
    * Navigate to wp-content
    * Rename the plugins folder to _plugins
    * Create a new empty plugins folder
    * Move plugins one by one from _plugins to plugins
    * Check if issue still persists, if no, proceed to the next step
    * Then, one at a time, move other plugin folders over from _plugins to plugins until the symptom returns
    NOTE: While you are doing this, do not visit WP Admin > Plugins on your site. This will ensure that your plugins remain active when you copy them back over.
    Let us know about results.

2. Enable wp debug. To enable WP_DEBUG, change the following line in your wp-config.php file:
    define('WP_DEBUG', false);
    To this:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    // Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
    // Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

Please make sure to add the above code just before the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

After this, try to visit your site or admin dashboard. Then go to /wp-content folder and check if debug.log file is there. If it's there. download it, save as debug.txt and attach to your next reply.
    If there is no debug.log and if plugins conflict test doesn't give any results, try to contact your hosting provider. Ask them to provide you with error_log and maybe they will be able to find a clue to the issue.

Kind regards,
    Katya

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.