Multisite can't edit anything

Hello Team,
back again with some questions regarding my multisite install. I just now realized that most of the plugins are not working properly.
For example I installed Inifinitve SEO and water to check if the site map was built, but realized that not. So looked more into and saw that the path under settings. If I want to change for example the email address or the path to downloadl, it does not change but comes back to the homepage without changing anything.
Some times ago I thought it was solved by deactivation wordpress firewall 2
but no, it still appears
Regards
Dan

• aecnu

Greetings Dan,

Thank you for bringing these significant issues to our attention.

For example I installed Inifinitve SEO and water to check if the site map was built

What is water that you are referring to above?

What is the domain URL for this site?

So looked more into and saw that the path under settings. If I want to change for example the email address or the path to downloadl, it does not change but comes back to the homepage without changing anything.

I have no idea what you are talking about here, please clarify.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• camparoo

blogframe, sorry to be a pain, but I'd like to walk you through what I do when I help a client with a current WordPress install that isn't working properly.

All web hosts (in my experience) claim to be WordPress friendly, but some are not. Yahoo Business is just one example, but there are other hosts I have dealt with that claim to be capable of hosting WordPress that have issues that make a correct WP install impossible. Who is your host?

Also, did you create the database with your host, upload the files, and set up the settings for your 'wp-config.php' file on your own? Or did you click on a button that would do this for you, or tell your host to do this for you?

Most of my clients' WordPress related issues are based here. I go in, and manually set up WordPress, and all of the problems vanish. I don't know why provider set-ups of WP tend to be problematic, but they just are. Did you set this up, or was your host responsible? If so, please set this up on your own! If you need info on how to do this, just ask. It really is very simple.

OK, past all this? Still no joy? Then it's time to start over. If you have a lot of content on the old site, keep the old site, but start a new one. Just create a new mySQL database, make a folder for your new site, and upload a current version of WP to the new folder. This will allow you to test plugin issues and such w/o destroying all of your work thus far.

With new sample site, created properly, add plugins one at a time and test everything before a new plugin addition.

Now, if nothing up 'till now works, you have my complete and uninterrupted attention.

• aecnu

Greetings camparoo,

Thank you for your great input into this ticket.

All web hosts (in my experience) claim to be WordPress friendly, but some are not. Yahoo Business is just one example, but there are other hosts I have dealt with that claim to be capable of hosting WordPress that have issues that make a correct WP install impossible.

What a GREAT truth you have shared with this point - thank you for this.

Cheers, Joe

• blogframe

no, I did install all my self.
    a fresh wordpress install under the firsts domain, for example blogframe.de.
    Than I defined 10 subdomains and and made a domain mapping and all was working fine, BUT than I decided to change all that NET Blog to another domain and made a backup und imported by import buddy to another domain, like mysurg.de, created all subdomains, made again all functional.

Now some of the paths as I mentioned remained still the old ones, the file upload url had the blogger subdomain and not the new one, while other urls of the same site had the correct one. This is what I am trying to put to ur attention, that some path are correct and some not.
    Dan

• blogframe

YOU als have a mistake in your description under MULTIDOMAIN

At the description of how to start multisite:

you have

define(’WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE’, true); = colon
    and it has to be
    define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true); = semicolon

This is why the network does not appear under Tools !!!!

And here also wrong !

you have
    define( ‘SUNRISE’, ‘on’ ) = colon
    instead
    define( 'SUNRISE', ‘on’ ); = semicolon

So be careful please with that as you bring customers in a nightmare of searching for hours for the solution, when you write a COLON instead of a SEMICOLON !!!

Please change the description.
    Thanks
    Dan

• aecnu

Greetings Dan,

Thank you so much for your additional input and feedback.

I totally agree with you if indeed this is the case.

I cannot find where these semi-colon / colon mistakes are, could you possibly give me a link to where these are indicated wrong?

Or perhaps a screen shot, whatever is easiest for you of course.

I checked both mapped domain usage and multi domains usage.

Where am I missing these?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.