Multisite CometChat Setup Question

I am running CometChat on my sub-domain of https://chat.christiangays.com.

The cometchat folder is in my public_html folder and it takes forever to load on the main site, where it really is not needed.

I am wondering if I can put cometchat folder in my /mary-content/uploads/sites/2/ folder and delete it from my public_html folder or will that break my website/chat rooms?

Will that stop it from trying to load on the main website?

So then, do I create a new header.php in the site/2/ folder for the cometchat script?

Support Access is granted.
Thanks!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Mary,

Hope you're doing well :slight_smile:

I'm afraid that I'm not familiar with CometChat and how it integrates to your website but changing it's location inside /uploads/sites/2/ will break your chat.

If you're calling the chat in header it doesn't really matter where the chat files are located because if the files being in your root folder don't do anything until you call them in header.php.

What you can try is creating a child theme of your current theme, copy the header.php from parent to child theme, now edit parent theme header.php and remove the code that calls the chat functionality..

After that activate child theme on your chat subsite and now it should be loaded only on that subsite.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Predrag