Multisite Content Copier - Can it overwrite?

I love the ease of copying content from one site to another, however is there a way to overwrite the page rather than creating a copy? We're trying to create agent pages in which we update the content on the master template, then send that down to the cloned sites.

Please advise if there is a plugin I should be using instead.

Thanks.

• Patrick

Hi there @mike west

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

I see you had added your vote to the feature request that was made here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/updating-multisite-content-copier-created-content

I too would like to see this functionality added to Multisite Content Copier; it would make the plugin a real killer!

I just flagged the developer again on that other thread to get his feedback on the idea.

I am not aware of any other plugin that can update existing content on subsites. So the only way to do it currently is to copy your updated pages to your subsites where identical new pages will be created with 2, 3, 4, etc appended by your WordPress to the URL (to distinguish them from the originals).

You could have some guide for your users to inform them that you will periodically send them updated content like that, and that they should trash & delete the old pages, then remove the appended number from the URL of the new ones.

• George

I am not aware of any other plugin that can update existing content on subsites. So the only way to do it currently is to copy your updated pages to your subsites where identical new pages will be created with 2, 3, 4, etc appended by your WordPress to the URL (to distinguish them from the originals).

There is another plugin that will do this. I have been waiting for this one to be updated so I searched a lot & only found one. I have seen a lot of comments of others wanting it as well so I will post it if ok but wasn't sure if I should post on this thread?

It will let you copy content to sub sites, update the content on sub sites & also remove the pages from sub sites. I have a couple large sites & couldn't live with out it so figured I would comment. Maybe this one is almost ready for the update to be released but there is another if not.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.