Multisite content copier does not copy embeded videos

I’ve just started using the multisite content copier and I am having 2 problems:

1. Embedded video code is not copying over. Most of our pages include a short video so this is a big problem for us.

2. My theme uses custom post types for home page items. I would like to be able to use the multisite content copier to update content from these custom post types but they do not show up in list to copy. I also have a plugin that creates custom post types and the custom post types are also not being shown in list to be able to copy.

• antKat
    • HummingBird

Hi Jack, thanks for the quick reply.

1. The videos are probably 90% youtube, the rest are primarily vimeo. I have been creating a site “demo” to be a blog template. I have been copying content from “demo” to main blog #1. Here is an example of a page on demo: and here is the copied version without the video: http://usingessentialoils.com/essential-oils-in-dentistry/>

2. Are you able to update content with the content copier? I’ve noticed that if the page exists, rather than updating it, there is a duplicate created.

3. I’ve granted access.

• antKat
    • HummingBird

Hi Jack, I haven’t heard back from you. I have found that sometimes the embed videos are copied and sometimes they are not.

The last time I used the multisite copier it “did” copy the embed, however, I have an error message on my dashboard that says:

Warning: Missing argument 2 for MCC_Post_Meta_Box::add_meta_boxes() in /home/usingess/public_html/wp-content/plugins/multisite-content-copier/admin/edit-post.php on line 25

Also, I really need to know if this plugin provides a way to UPDATE content – I am finding that it creates new pages at all times rather than updating an existing page. Is this the expected behavior? I was hoping to be able to update with the plugin.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @antkat,

Hope you’re well today, I’ve done some testing here on your site and mine.

With regards to the video embeds, I have replicated the same issues, though I can’t see here why sometimes it does copy and other times it doesn’t, as for me it’s happening randomly, rather than set conditions where it can be replicated.

I have notified the lead developer on that.

Currently, it cannot update/sync content, though that is planned for a future update.

Thanks!

Kind Regards

Jack.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.