MultiSite Content Copier Hangs on Step 4

Hello. I'm hanging on step 4, where it's looking for my destination site. My source site is fine I'm not understanding why there would be an issue with the url. Thank you

• Claude
    • New Recruit

Ok an update - through the post pages I will able to to select all sites, and it worked great and posted to the other sites. But I'm wondering are you supped to see individual listed sites to select?

I'm using child themes as well.

thanks

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, Claude!

I've attached a screenshot of the step that's causing you trouble from the usage guide, let's make sure we've got all the steps covered.

1. Are you entering the name of the site you want to add the content to as it shows in the picture, with the name of the site first? Or are you trying to enter the full URL?

2. The sites you're trying to copy to and from are both on the same multisite network, correct? If the sites are on two different networks, or are stand alone sites, this plugin won't work.

Let me know! Thanks so much!

• Claude
    • New Recruit

Hello -

Thanks so much for your response. I was trying to enter the full url: http://mysite.com. I'll try /mysite/ on the next go round. Though the source url went through with a full url. And just curious, but while the wizard is keen seems better workflow through the post? Very impressive, thank you -

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Claude,

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Try out just the part after the domain name and let us know how it goes :slight_smile:

Through the post is very convenient after you have already copied all your previous content and want to just keep the other sites up to date as you post.

Individual sites shouldn't be listed on the post page settings; however, you can always create a site group of only 1 site if there was 1 site in particular you wanted to always copy content too :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

Let us know if any further questions come up.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.