[Multisite Content Copier] Raise upper limit on Blog ID

Hi,
I have noted when using the Multisite Content Copier to post to "All Sites" that there is an upper limit to the Blog ID that it will post to. I believe it is around ID 500. So, it posts to all blogs that have an ID < 500 but doesn't post to blogs that have an ID > 500.
Is there a way to get it to actually post to all rather than stopping at 500?
Again 500 is an estimate and I haven't reviewed the code to know the exact value but it is close to 500.

Thanks,
Pat

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there wlpdrpat,

hope you're doing good today and thanks for reaching us! :slight_smile:

I made some tests in a local site of mine, by manually setting a subsite ID to 500.

When I tried to copy to "All Sites", nothing happened, as it seems like the queue was stuck. This should be happening due to non-working cron events though. When I tried to copy to a single subsite, it then triggered both requests and added everything successfully, even to subsite with id=500.

Still, I've already escalated this to our SLS team for further investigation. Me or another colleague of mine will keep you posted here. Please keep in mind that SLS response time is a bit larger, thus your patience here is highly appreciated!

Thank you,
    Dimitris

• Panos
    • SLS

Hi there wlpdrpat ,

I can't replicate this with blog ids at 700+. Is it possible you can create a staging site (similar to your production site) where we can replicate this issue and do some trouble shooting there?

If so please share admin and ftp access for the staging site. You can send that info privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:Subject: "Attn: Panos Lyrakis"

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

- link back to this thread for reference

Kind regards!

• wlpdrpat
      • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Panos
      I will try to setup a staging site for you. I apologize for not being more precise with my initial description. The actual upper limit blog ID on my site is 880. It publishes to all blogs with ID less than 880 but does not publish to 881 or higher. I've searched the code of the plugin and didn't find any reference to blog ID 880 or 881 - so it most likely has nothing to do with setting an upper limit. Possibly it is a timeout issue, e.g. does the plugin set a timeout if copying doesn't complete in a certain amount of time?

I will let you know when I have created the staging site. If you could test the 880 blog ID value just to be certain; it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
      Pat

• Dimitris
    • Support Star

Hello there wlpdrpat

I've already pinged Panos to give this another try.
    Please do let us know, when you create the staging site.
    As for timeout issues, I can see in live site that max_execution_time is set already to 3600 seconds (=1 hour) which is pretty large and you shouldn't need more than that.

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Panos
    • SLS

Hey wlpdrpat ,

I just noticed I didn't reply back here. Apologies for that.

When copying content to all network sites, the plugin uses ajax with a step of 20 blogs on each go. You can tr changing that step to something smaller, eg 5, so it would require less resources and hopefully stop timing out. But there is no option nor filter to change that. You can change that by modifying file:
    multisite-content-copier/admin/pages/network-main-page.php
    at line 992, and change it from
    var interval = 20;
    to
    var interval = 5;

I have attached file here to replace, but I mentioned the line so you can change to some other value if you prefer.

Before replacing it please keep a backup of the original file by reaming it to network-main-page.php.back for example.

Kind regards!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.