Multisite Content Copier Stuck

Multisite Content Copier Stuck at the first step after migrating from WP Engine. I already did the conflict test with no luck. And the debug logs don't show anything relevant

My new host mentioned it looks like there might be a full path somewhere causing it to not work now that it's moved? Which might make sense since the other user on that forum post had the same issue when they moved off of wpengine...

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Josh,

Hope you're doing well.

I tried creating a test subsite to which I would try copying the content but the site was unaccessible after I created it and it shows 500 error.
    It seems like there's something misconfigured on your network site and that might be breaking the copying process as well.

Can you try using default .htaccess rules from here https://codex.wordpress.org/htaccess and see if the new site and Content Copier are working after that?
    Please make sure to have a backup of your .htaccess file before making any changes.

Strange thing is that the 500 error usually means that there's some fatal error going on but in the logs there are only couple of warnings about the /wp-includes/shortcodes.php file.

Have you tried installing clean WP files after the migration by downloading the installation from wordpress.org and replacing everything except wp-content folder as well as wp-config.php and .htaccess files?

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Josh

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me! The test subsite didn't work since it's forcing an SSL and that needs to be added too in our server settings manually when a subdomain is created. Please go ahead and use the "demoforvideos" subdomain for testing instead. The "demoforvideos" subdomain is also already added to the "Test" group for copying content to.

I've uploaded clean WP files from wp.org (excluding the wp-content dir) and reset the .htaccess and wp-config.php files. However, the issue is still occuring, see here https://cl.ly/0v0R1Y2y3N2g

Any other ideas?

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Josh,

It looks like the warnings about shortcodes.php are still there, however they are not fired up when trying to go through Content Copier so it looks like they are unrelated.

Strange thing is that there are actually no errors, in log or in console, when the issue happens that could tell us what's going on.

I will need to forward this to our developers to investigate it further and see if there's something that I'm missing.
    They will update you here with more info as soon as they find something out.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Josh

Thanks for the update. I have been going through this with my current host as well, here is what they've concluded so far:

I am able to reproduce the problem of the step 2 page of the Multisite Content Copier wizard 302 redirecting back to the step 1 page instead of loading the menu. Unfortunately, I do not see any ModSecurity errors or anything in the Apache or PHP error logs that would indicate a reason for this server side.

Having ruled out errors in the server logs, I would suggest reaching out to the creator of the plugin for support. The specific behavior I am seeing is, when posting to /wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=mcc_network_page&step=1, the response is a 302 redirect to /wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=mcc_network_page&step=2, followed by another 302 redirect back to /wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=mcc_network_page&step=1.

• Ari

Hi, Josh

Hope you are well today!

The problem is the WordPress Transient API was not working on your website, since you are using backdated version of object-cache (Version: 0.1.3) in your site, which is located in the wp-content/object-cache.php

Please remove this file, this have new version you can use this if you want, just install this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/memcached-redux/

I have tested it on your site, it worked fine for me, please check is this work fine from your end.
    And let me know if you have any question regarding this issue.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards, Ari

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.