[Multisite] Database Altered

It seems my multisite installation's database has been altered to some extent. It was working fine a couple days ago until I had a consultant working on the database and I think the settings were changed.

In Pro Sites, whenever I try to create a subsite, after entering payment details and submitting, it redirects me to a subsite https://example.{mysite.com}/{prosites-checkout-page-slug}/?action=new_blog instead of the site that I created.

I also received this email (screenshot in chat transcript) a few days ago from a test site I created. For some reason, the subsite https://example.{mysite.com}/ is being treated as the main site.

I tried contacting the consultant again but they do not seem to be able to fix it. Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Audrey

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I checked the site and you were right, it was because of the changes in the database. In short, the option telling Pro Sites where the checkout is was altered. I have manually edited it in the database and the site seems to be working fine now (you should see that I registered - with manual payment - a wpmutest3 site).

There is, however, one thing that still bothers me a bit. At the time of chat and during this post creation, the site that checkout redirected to was "example.sch..." while now, when I was checking it, it was yet another site (the last one registered). It's almost like for some reason that setting got updated anyway.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any reason for this happening so please keep an eye on the checkout and if it starts to redirect to some sub-site again, let me know here please.

Also, I took a liberty of setting Endurance Cache option to 0 (disabled) as you are already using Hummingbird's Page Cache and Asset Optimization and in this case keeping Endurance Cache on might cause some unexpected issues. It shouldn't actually affect site performance in this case, I think. But it's better to keep it off for now.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.