multisite > disable post editing or show edit history

Hi, is possible to show post edit history or to disable post editing on multisite?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Nikola,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Ability to edit posts (on both Multisite and single install) usually is strictly related to the user role. I'm not quite sure what do you mean by "disabling post editing" then so could you please elaborate a bit on what do you wish to achieve here? A short "case scenario" would be great!

I'm sure we'll be able to find a good solution :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Adam

• Nikola
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@Adam Czajczyk hi, i allow users to create blogs on subdomain of my site, blogs is about betting predictions, i mean authors on their blog create match analyse and result prediction for ex. Barcelona vs Real Madrid and some blogger can after match edit post. For ex. he predict Barca to win an publish that and after match if Real win he change their tip to Real to win.
    That means users who see post after match can think that author is good predicter and maybe decide to pay subscripton..

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey Nikola,

Thanks for this explanation!

This makes sense of course. An ability to edit posts may indeed tempt your bloggers to "improve" their predictions "post factum", so I get you point here.

I think the User Role Editor plugin may be a good solution here:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/user-role-editor/

Using it you should be able to remove capability of editing posts/pages from selected user roles (except admins). Many more custom "user capabilities" based tweaks is also possible with it.

I think you may want to give it a try and if you'd need any further assistance, I'll be glad to help!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.