Multisite Domain Issue

My website is hosted with Siteground and they had put a temporary URL in place to access the site before we transferred the DNS on the domain. When we went live last night everything was a-ok until they removed the temporary URL. Now 3 of my sites work as expected and the other 2 don’t resolve properly (the main site and 1 subsite).

Please check the chat transcript for more info.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hello Mara,

I gave a closer look, and the issue was related to the temporary domain still being present in the database, did correct that with the new domain name in the following tables wpbn_blogs, wpbn_site, wpbn_sitemeta. However, the network admin access isn’t still working.

I’m pinging our Second Level Support regarding this, so that they could give a closer look, and see what could be causing this. Will keep you posted once we give a closer look at your system. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Mara,

There were a lot of references to your old URL which was causing the issue. Moreover, your multisite main site URL included www which was creating the re-auth loop.

I’ve fixed both and now your Network Admin can be accessed. Your sub sites are also loading fine now. Can you please check and confirm?

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Mara
    • New Recruit

Hi Rupok,

Thanks very much. Confirming that I can now reach network admin. It does seem that some changes were made to my site themes, but I can amend that.

The only remaining issue is that visioncareproducts.com is resolving to totallyoptical.com. Can you please urgently review this?

Best regards

Mara

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Mara,

In your subsite settings tab (when you edit a subsite, there are four tabs and the fourth is “Settings”:wink:, there were some wrong URL stored. I updated them and it fixed the issue.

Please let us know if you still have any confusion. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

Rupok

• Mara
    • New Recruit

Hi Rupok,

Great. I just did one silly thing unfortunately… I put in a redirect from totallyoptical.com to visioncareproducts.com and now I can’t access my network admin again. Can you undo this for me?

Thanks

Mara

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.