Multisite Domain Mapping

Hi,
I am battling to get the domain mapping sorted from my Cpanel. I have followed the tutorial on your site, but cant seem to get the A Records to work.
I have a dedicated server, so the IP is the same on the Multisite as the domains I want to map.
When the domain is in parked mode, I noticed the IP is different to the Multisite, so I changed the A Records for @ and WWW to the Multisite IP but this hasnt worked - I have tried various combinations but I am clearly missing something here.

• Ash

Hello zululand

We had a chat today about your issue. Your IP is not pointing to your site, rather it is pointing to your mail. If you want to use dedicated IP, the IP must point to the main site. That being said, when someone enters the IP at the browser, the main site should load.

As the IP doesn't work for you, you have to use the nameserver process. When I tried to add the mapped domain as parked domain, I found out a message, sent to you over chat. It said something similar to: "The domain is already added and has an entry in their setup".

So, did you get a chance to talk to your host? Just ask them that you want add as parked domain in the main site server, not as a separate account.

Let us know what you hear back from them :slight_smile: Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

• James Morris

Hello Barry,

Provided you have pointed your domain at your domain registrar to the appropriate name servers (or IP address), successfully parked the domain in cPanel and ensured that the file path points to the same file path as the multisite install, and added the domain to the subsite using Domain Mapping, there should be nothing more you would need to do.

Let us know if you have any further questions. We'll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.