Multisite, domain mapping plugin with subdirectories...cannot map domains

Hello!
I have Wordpress Multisite installed and I am trying to use the domain mapping plugin. I have a dedicated IP. I'm using subdirectories. When I create a new site, I create the sites's domain A record to point to my static IP. When I go to map the domain to the subsite, I get the error (attached). I'm at a loss as to what I'm doing wrong...I've spent hours reading old posts, etc. and I just can't figure it out! I'm hoping you can help.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hey Wendy,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question.

It's a bit difficult to draw ultimate conclusions without checking your configuration and setup of the domain that's to be mapped but I think you may want to check if this domain (the one you'd like to map to your sub-site) is setup properly.

You will want it to load your main site when typed into the browser's address bar. If it does, you're good to go. If it doesn't then you may want to make sure that

a) the domain indeed points to the same IP as your main domain (your dedicated IP) - sometime it takes up to 72 hours to spread the DNS setup across the web (DNS propagation)

b) if the "DocumentRoot" folder for your dedicated IP is set to point to your main WP Multisite install (therefore the same as your main domain).

Kind regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.