Multisite Error

Hi,

When I try to create any a new site on my multisite install I get the error:

ArgumentCountError thrown
Too few arguments to function bp_groups_clear_group_creator_cache(), 1 passed in /var/www/html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286 and exactly 2 expected

Thanks,

Gaurav

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

HI rampal,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

This looks more like an issue specific to your multisite, the above error is pointing to the BuddyPress plugin though, and it could be related to outdated version. I could notice the current BuddyPress version you have is 3.2.0, and the latest version is 4.1.0

Would recommend you to make sure all the plugins are up-to-date, and then check whether you still get the same issue.

If you still get the same issue, and since I don't see you mention about performing a plugin conflict test, could you please run a quick plugin/theme conflict test as illustrated in getting support manual (flowchart), and rule out whether any plugin is causing this issue.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Support-Process-Support-Process.gif

If you still have issues even after running a conflict test, then please let us know, and grant support staff access so that we could give a closer look.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: https://premium.wpmudev.org/docs/getting-started/getting-support/#chapter-5

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi rampal,

So, I created a new subsite via the dashboard, and I could notice the error:

Too few arguments to function bp_groups_clear_group_creator_cache(), 1 passed in /xx/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286 and exactly 2 expected

I tried to replicate such an issue within my system, but it worked fine with BuddyPress plugin. Checked for any similar issues in the forums, but not able to find anything similar.

This definitely has to be a conflict with one of the existing plugins, and BuddyPress. Is it okay, if I test further in your system, by disabling all the network activated plugin?

I could notice there are subsites mapped in your Multisite, so wasn't sure whether you would be comfortable with us performing the plugin conflict test, or not.

Please do let us know whether it's okay to troubleshoot the site further via conflict test, so that we could see what exact is causing the issue.

Looking forward to your reply. Have a nice day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

• Luís
    • Support

Hi rampal ,

Hope you're doing well today and sorry for the late reply.

I would like to investigation this further and do the plugin conflict test as suggested by my teammate Nithin. A plugin conflict test is a normal debug procedure and it should not break anything. However, to stay in the safe side, I will ask you to do a full backup of your network. You can use the Managed backups feature from our Snapshot plugin that will do a full backup of the entire network, if you don't have any backup system yet.

Also, to do this securely I will ask you the FTP access to your website. Please send it privately through our contact form:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Luis Lopes"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - Login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/information

Cheers, Luís

• Luís
    • Support

Hi rampal ,

Hope you're doing well today!

I did a plugin conflict test and seems the plugins BuddyPress and Groups are conflicting.

I have tested this on my site and was able to replicate :slight_frown: Actually if you try enable Groups plugin when BuddyPress is already enabled too, it will trigger a fatal error and will not let you enable the plugin.

I may suggest you to try contact the plugin developer and bring their attention to this issue and check if they can get it fixed, they know better the code involved and are better prepared to help you.

Cheers, Luís

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi rampal,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I gave a closer look at your system, and could notice the BuddyPress plugin, and Groups plugin were disabled at the moment.

I then tried to create a new subsite called "wpmutest", and I wasn't able to notice any error message as noticed before, ie the following error is no longer showing any where in your dashboard:

Too few arguments to function bp_groups_clear_group_creator_cache(), 1 passed in /xx/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286 and exactly 2 expected

However, I could notice that the newly created is giving the following message when I try to load the frontend:
    This site can’t be reached

Is that the issue what you meant by it still doesn't work? If yes, it's related to WildCard Sudomain not configured in your server side.

Please check this article on how to configure WildCard Subdomain:
    https://www.namecheap.com/support/knowledgebase/article.aspx/9191/29/how-to-create-a-wildcard-subdomain-in-cpanel

If you aren't sure how to setup, asking your hosting provider to make the changes should help. Please do note that it can take 24-72 hours for the changes to reflect once WildCard Subdomain is configured.

I hope this helps, please let us know if you have any further query, have a great day ahead. :slight_smile:

Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.