Multisite: How To Add Support Menu Item onto Easy Blogging Dashboard Menu

This question relates to 3 plugins within a multisite:
1. pro sites
2. support
3. easy blogging

QUESTION:
I want to add 'Support' menu item to the Easy Blogging dashboard Menu for my pro sites.

I have configured the pro-site access level for the support (I am using your support plugin) so I was hoping SUPPORT would be added to the easy blogging menu item but it is not.

I want the pro-site member to see SUPPORT as one of the menu items when viewing the easy blogging menu.

I hope my question makes sense.

Thank you.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jay,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I tried to access your site in order to check its settings (using a support access that you've granted) but I kept getting an 'Invalid token" error. This happens from time to time but luckily is easy to fix by re-granting/extending access. Could yo please do this for me so I could take a closer look?

Prior to this though you may want to make sure that:

- "Support System" is allowed by Pro Sites to all levels that it should be availablea
    - it's set to auto-enable on sites (otherwise sub-site's admins will need to enable it manually)
    - there are "Permission Settings" on "Support" settings page so please make sure that all the user roles for opening/seeing tickets are selected;

Best regards,
    Adam

• Jay

The plugins are network activated and permissions are set to the right level in both pro sites and support plugins. Perhaps I should have put this support request in 'easy blogging'..

I can see the support menu item when i go to a subsite as administrator, however I think the issue may be more to do with the easy blogging menu not picking up SUPPORT menu item?

I cannot see 'SUPPORT' when I go to easy blogging/menu items so I cannot select it there. Am I supposed to add it manually ie with the support page urls?

Also while I am asking about Support plugin.. is it possible to make the FAQ page public (access without log in)?

I have given access again as requested.

Thank you.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jay,

Thanks for your replay!

I've tested this on my site and it seems that Easy Blogging indeed isn't picking up the Support System links. That's however easy fixable, as you suggested, by adding those links manually.

To do this, please go to your

"Network Admin -> Easy Blogging - >Add-ons" page

and enable the "Manage menu items" add on. Then on

"Network Admin -> Easy Blogging -> Menu Items" page

add

"admin.php?page=support-fax" link for FAQ
    "admin.php?page=ticket-manager" link for Support tickets

then mark them visible.

I tested this on my site and it's working as expected.

Also while I am asking about Support plugin.. is it possible to make the FAQ page public (access without log in)?

Currently, the Support System plugin does not allow this "out of the box" but you can use this code as a simple workaround:

<?php
    add_filter( 'support_system_user_can', 'my_function', 10, 3 );
    function my_function( $user_can, $user_id, $cap ) {
        if ( $cap === 'read_faq' )
            return true;

return $user_can;
    }

In order to use it, please create an empty file with a .php extension (name doesn't matter as long as it's unique), paste the code inside it and upload that file to the "/wp-content/mu-plugins" folder of your WP install via FTP.

If there's no "mu-plugins" folder inside "wp-content" folder, just create it.

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.