Multisite installation

Hello, to enable multisite I have added define(‘WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE’, true); - no curly quotes - and configured wildcard subdomains. However network has not shown up under tools. I have a reseller account (cpanel and whm).

Tricia

• minglemooch
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi @ Ed1t0r

That really weird?

Just remember that you must put define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true);
    juuust before /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */.

Then in your Administration look at Dashboard > Tools > Network Setup.

Let's see if this helps?

Thanks
    JP@MingleMooch

• Ed1t0r
    • New Recruit

Hello minglemooch,

the allow multisite code is in the right place.

I do not know if this is relevant - initially I installed multisite with softaculous (subdirectories), and I got an error message - something about my url not matching my directory. I deleted it and did a manual install as I wanted subdomains anyway. I thought that configuring wildcard subdomains had solved the problem.

Thanks

Ed1t0r

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ed1t0r,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

After reading the posts above the best thing to do right now would be to wipe the database and the files and start fresh FTP'ing the MultiSite files into the hosting account.

Thank you both for being WPMU Dev Community Members!

Cheers, Joe

• Ed1t0r
    • New Recruit

Hello Joe,

I deleted my wordpress site (again!), all files and database and "network setup" finally showed up.
    I did get a message saying that there was already a multisite installation, but since I knew I had started again from scratch, I proceeded with the setup.

Seems to be ok now...

• foodfriendfinder
    • The Incredible Code Injector

When I initially installed WP multisite I could not see the network setup in tools...I had copied n pasted> define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true); ...then I manually typed it in and it worked and have been manually typing it in ever since.Everything else I copy n paste.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.