MultiSite issue

I am trying to implement the multisite so I can put all my sites in one place. Here is the issue:

1. I'm implementing the multisite to an existing website (if this is the main problem with my issue, I have a brand new project that I need to start, then I will implement the multisite to this new project. Then I will move all my sites with snapshot plugin)

2. When I implement Multisite, I was supposed to see "Sites" on my menu bar on the left. But, it never came up.

3. I was kicked out from WPMU Dashboard. My site wasn't listed on "My Websites" list. I had to re-login to the dashboard.

4. Finally, my site became very slow, and images are not showing my site anymore.

5. On my panel, I have htaccess and .htaccess. Is this normal? [image pos="2"]

What do you thing might be the problem?

• Sajid

Hi Yasar Daglar,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

You can enable WordPress multisite on existing site. So that is not an issue.

If you still don't see that option then first of all make sure you are in network admin section (yoursite.com/wp-admin/network) and not in individual site admin area.

If you are in right area and still no sites menu then make sure you completed all the steps properly to enable the multisite.

I am running Multisite on my own setup but it does not make the site slow. The missing images could be the reason of your slow site though.

The images should not be missing until you change the location of uploads folder. That is not included in the steps to enable Multisite so something else is going on here.

No, its not normal. There should be only one .htaccess file like WordPress single site. You can delete the other one (after taking backup).

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.