Multisite & Live Writer Configuration / Alternative

Hi All,
I know this is not a specific WPMUDEV related question but i am hoping you knowledgable guys can help or point me in the right direction.
I have recently changed over to multisite, which i am just about getting to grips with.
The only issue i have at the moment is that windows live writer will no longer work. i have done some searching online and most topics on it are a few years old. Does anyone know how i can get it to work with multisite, or is there an alternative to it?
many thanks

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @waynerp,

I'm not quite sure about Windows Live Writer, as I use a mac primarily. But if you're having issues, it's likely an XML-RPC problem, which is the protocol used to remotely publish on Wordpress with an software.

Are you getting any error messages? Or is it simply not connecting?

• waynerp
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

The message that pops up is.. "A successful connection was made to your account, however the server reported that you do not currently have an active blog. Please ensure that your account with this provider is current before proceeding."

I do have an active blog. The few posts i saw about this online mentioned xml-rpc, which to be honest is french to me!!!

• Alexander
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi @waynerp,

I apologize for the delay here. I've looked into this, and I believe this happens with the super admin account only. When it comes to the XML-RPC stuff, that account can't be associated with a blog.

Can you try creating a new user on your blog, and changing the role to admin? See if you can use that account to make posts.

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member. Let us know if we can be of any further assistance.
    Best regards,

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.