Multisite, MarketPress and Plugin Compatability

Goal: One website that can process orders from multiple sites containing their own products. Either multiple sites or User Profiles. Not sure which way to go. Help would be appreciated.

Each member with a site or profile will be able to login and manage just their site or profile. They will list product / menu items and add to cart feature. When ready to checkout, all orders need to be processed through Main Wordpress Site installation, which will need to be only accessed by administrators and not users who create profiles.

So far I have the main WordPress site set up with MarketPress installed. Do i have to install market press for each individual site and profile? Will those items in cart on that specific site be able to process from the main site hosting it?

Thanks in advance for any help, been a long day and i keep going in circles looking for info about it online.

• Timothy Bowers

Goal: One website that can process orders from multiple sites containing their own products. Either multiple sites or User Profiles. Not sure which way to go. Help would be appreciated.

MarketPress is based on a multisite and not profiles if you want people to sell their own products.

all orders need to be processed through Main Wordpress Site installation, which will need to be only accessed by administrators and not users who create profiles.

That wouldn't be possible with MarketPress by default, you'll need some custom coding here.

You can enable global cart, so there is a single checkout but it won't force them to checkout on one specific site and administration access isn't handled by MarketPress.

If using global cart then you won't be able to use Adaptive Payments from Paypal to take a commission.

So far I have the main WordPress site set up with MarketPress installed. Do i have to install market press for each individual site and profile? Will those items in cart on that specific site be able to process from the main site hosting it?

You network activate MarketPress and then it's active on all subsites made. Site admins can then manage their own products.

The checkout is as mentioned above.

Take care.

• Kevin

Hi there,
    My concept seems To look like this.
    every subsite has his/her products and profile page to edit.

now I need to see all orders from all subsites in the admin. Also all payments, with just ideal(Dutch payment service), should come to me. And then I pay the subsite owners at the end of the week. Minus my commission.
    how to do this? And ofcourse the global cart cannot be used I guess because you can't order on multiple subsites at one. Each order can only placed at 1 subsite.

• Timothy Bowers

If you did it that way it would mean you pay a transaction fee, then your customer pays a transaction fee, plus the cost of your service. You might be limiting your market this way to the high fee taken out of their profit.

Just saying :slight_smile:

Global cart only works with Paypal, not iDEAL. Paypal allow the checkout of up to 10 carts.

To see all sales from subsites in one location, and all payments by just one gateway you will need some custom development. It's not something we currently offer within MarketPress sorry.

If you have further questions then it might be best if you open your own, even if the issues seem closely related. That way it will remain independent of this one and ensure it doesn't confuse issues here if this thread needs reopening again by the author.

Posting on old threads can also lead to us missing your questions.

It also means the member who started this thread or anyone following it isn't inundated with post notifications each time we respond to each other. A lengthy thread could annoy the original

This also allows us to better track and answer your questions to ensure we don't miss any for ya.

You can start a new thread here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/qanda/

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.