Multisite Marketpress, theme your login, network admin framemarket/gridmarket

Hi again,

I have been making progress, please see handmadetampabay.com
For those unaware, I am making an etsy style site. Artisans will set up their own shop and I will charge a monthly fee.

A few questions:
1. On my network admin/themes I have both frame market(disabled) and gridmarket (enabled) is this correct or should frame market be enabled as well? This makes gridmarket the only option for the shops which is what I want, I think. I want the header and footer and sidebar I have to be visible on all site pages and then each artisan can make their own header (under mine) and list their products. I don't want to offer them too many design options because I want to keep my branding throughout the whole site/network. Am I doing this correctly?

2. I have read and researched everywhere I can find and am having trouble with what I am sure is something simple that I am just not 'getting'.

On my site I have the home page menu across the top under the header, for the Mission page it was simple to type in the content, for the discover page I was able to type in a short code to make a random product selection show up, but how do I connect the Marketplace to a page with a list of shops? and the sign in page to the wp log in page?

3.Are there any multi site 'theme your login type plug ins for marketpress/multisite/buddypress? I found some but they say the have not been tested on my version of wp (I have the latest.)

Ok, I have more of course, but will take this all step by step. You guys are fantastic, I hope you hear that often enough, what I am trying to do would never be possible with out all of the time and work you all have put into development. It really is amazing, I am learning so much I thought I would never be able to.

• aecnu

Greetings KrisHemp,

1. On my network admin/themes I have both frame market(disabled) and gridmarket (enabled) is this correct or should frame market be enabled as well?

You have this correct as it is.

I want the header and footer and sidebar I have to be visible on all site pages and then each artisan can make their own header (under mine) and list their products. I don't want to offer them too many design options because I want to keep my branding throughout the whole site/network. Am I doing this correctly?

You will have to hard code some of this in because when they choose Grid Market as there theme they will have options to add there own customizations as indicated in theme options.

2. I have read and researched everywhere I can find and am having trouble with what I am sure is something simple that I am just not 'getting'.

On my site I have the home page menu across the top under the header, for the Mission page it was simple to type in the content, for the discover page I was able to type in a short code to make a random product selection show up, but how do I connect the Marketplace to a page with a list of shops?

With the Grid Market theme under theme options there is the option "Show global or just that main shop products on the front?" --> you would want to choose "show global" in this case.

and the sign in page to the wp log in page?

What about it? Please advise.

3.Are there any multi site 'theme your login type plug ins for marketpress/multisite/buddypress? I found some but they say the have not been tested on my version of wp (I have the latest.)

Not that I am aware of and certainly none directed specifically at Market Press. However, do a backup of your site and database and try some of those you found. You may just find like I have persoanlly found, they work just fine. We also offer Login Image plugin which may be exactly what you are looking for.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• KrisHemp

Thank you for the information. I still have a question.

On my site I have the home page menu across the top under the header, for the Mission page it was simple to type in the content, for the discover page I was able to type in a short code to make a random product selection show up, but how do I connect the Marketplace to a page with a list of shops?

With the Grid Market theme under theme options there is the option "Show global or just that main shop products on the front?" --> you would want to choose "show global" in this case.

My settings are all set to global. To clarify, my question is, How do I connect the sign in button on my menu to a page that lets you sign in?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.