Multisite Media Library

Hey there,

I know people have asked this a lot but I wanted to find out if there have been any developments with sharing your media library across all sites in a multisite. Its pretty frustrating haveing to reupload images. I have used Network Shared Media plugin but it doesnt allow to share images through Visual Composer?

Also, is it possible to share one form from Gravity Forms across a multisite? Is it possible to share sliders from Revolution Slider across a multisite?

Apologies but I am a multisite newbie. Thanks for the help :slight_smile:

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey there Aglet,

How are you doing today?

I have used Network Shared Media plugin but it doesnt allow to share images through Visual Composer?

This plugin is what I usually suggest for sharing media library, sorry to hear that it doesn’t work with Visual Composer :slight_frown: You can maybe try using this instead:

https://github.com/bueltge/Multisite-Global-Media

Also, is it possible to share one form from Gravity Forms across a multisite?

I’m not a Gravity Forms expert but from what I could find everything is stored in subsite tables so it’s not possible to use it across whole multisite out of a box, please see here:

https://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/multisite-2

is it possible to share sliders from Revolution Slider across a multisite?

Couldn’t find a universal solution for this either, from what I know Revolution slider has an import function so what you can do is simply import same slider to each of your subsites.

Cheers,

Bojan

• Aglet
    • New Recruit

Thanks so much for the quick response, the plugin did work – however it only works for media within posts. If I want to change the site’s icon or logo there is no “Global Media” option. Would you know how to fix that or an alternative?

• scottg
    • Flash Drive

As an administrator for a network of like websites (using the Domain mapping) it would be great not to share an image library with each site, but have a central Global Media library that all the individual sites can used as a repository of stock art. Network Shared Media is not working with Visual Composer and shares all images with all each other.

• Johannes Gangsö
    • New Recruit

Hi,

I stumbled across this topic a month or two back, and as I didn’t find any working solution, I developed a plugin that does pretty much exactly what Aglet asked for. Thought to share it here.

(yes, it’s a paid plugin, and I’m the author so basically I’m promoting my own product, but I hope it’s helpful for the users out there scratching their head with the same thing I did a while back)

https://codecanyon.net/item/wordpress-multisite-shared-media/19306250

There’s a demo video where you see exactly how the plugin works. The images are automatically replicated to the other sites and after that they are 100% at each respective site’s disposal.

I’m also happy to get feedback of how the plugin helped, and especially interested to hear if you faced any problems that I might be able to help with.

all the best

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Nice, looks awesome! Normally we don’t allow self promotion for paid products on the forums, but seeing how this topic helped trigger you to develop it in the first place, and how useful the plugin looks – would be a disservice to remove it! Hope it helps out some other members :slight_smile: cheers

• Todd Haumann
    • New Recruit

This is exactly what I’ve been looking for with one exception, any chance it can be done selectively?

For example, I would like to offer the ability of each site to ‘share’ a picture or not including the main network.

Any chance something like that could be added to your plugin Johannes Gangsö?

My site customers don’t want everything they have shared, but if they could choose what media (one by one) they are willing to share I could really use this.

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.