Hi Support Friend!
This topic is regarding the promokcup.com.br website.
We are trying to build a membership website, which will be in a similar business model to Elegant Themes and Tutsplus network combined.
The Business Model
Let me explain the business model(similar to the one WPMU dev uses by the way):
Users pay a annual fee and get access to all products. At this point we have this one product, ProMockup, that sells digital photoshop mockups for creatives. But soon we are going to start selling premium tutorials, website templates and support for example.
Each of this future products already have a brand, different from WPMU dev, where all products are WPMU Dev branded.
Website has not been fully launched yet. Why? Because we want it to be expansible to this other services. We plan to do that by having a multisite install with the products as subdomain websites, or using a normal wordpress install and having each product as pages in the site.
Question is whether to use WordPress Multisite, or not!
What we need is users to have access to all products with one single membership login.
– I really don’t know the advantages and the disadvantages of using Multisites in this case when it comes to membership, affiliate and other plugins.
– Will members be able to pay for one site and get access to all subsites?
– How does subdomain sites handle SEO? Can the best SEO plugins handle multisite installations?
– How will content protection be handled by your plugin? I saw some limitations in the documentation, but how far this limitations extend?
—Normal WordPress Install:
– Also an SEO issue. How does search engines index a huge amount of different types of services.
– We might have several different products with a lot of category divisions into each product. Could this get crazy when it comes to organization with 5000 users for example.
– Is there a way to synchronize membership plugin users, subscription dates and information to other websites?
OK, lets go with this for now, thanks upfront!