multisite menu

Hi There!
I recently upgrade my wpmu to wp3, and now I've to set up the menu for each blog.
Every blogs is managed by me and all blogs have the same page and category structure.

there is a way to create a custom menu and make it aviable in every single blog?

in this way I could just associate the menu to every blog instead of create a new menu every time...

• nelnehal
    • The Incredible Code Injector

hey was looking for a solution for this too. If you are using the same theme, you can code the menu in to the theme it self so that it will appear in all sites where the theme is activated.

this plugin is useful as well

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wpms-global-content/

you can create a global header, or footer with this plugin. the header is above the normal header of the theme, and the footer is below the footer of the theme.

• picchio
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi there!

thanks both of you for the useful advices!
    I tried to install wpms globlal contents in my test site but , even if it appears network active under plugin, nothing change on my backend. maybe there is some conflicts with my installations.

I knew the new blog template plugin, awesome, but in this case the blogs already exists.

assuming this is the code in the header that call the menu on my site
    <?php wp_nav_menu( array( 'container_class' => 'menu-header', 'theme_location' => 'primary' ) ); ?>

should I change 'primary ' in my menu name or replace the whole code?

Cheers from Italy!

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi picchio,

That would actually just create a menu position. There's only one other way I know of to do what you're trying to do and that would be to hard-code the menu, meaning you specify in there how you'd like the menu to be.

It would take a bit more work to grab the menu from the main site, I'm afraid. I did look into it though, but I just couldn't see a way to do it aside from how the New Blog Templates plugin does it, by copying over another site's data.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.