Multisite, multiple domains, MU Plugins

I have been a multisite user since before it was multisite, back in the good olde multiuser days :slight_smile:

In that time I have been using the default multisite/multiuser plugins from wordpress.org and everything has run fine.

A few months back when I tried to move to the WPMU way of things, I had things breaking all over the place, sites inaccessible, plugins broken, and so I quickly reverted back.

Has anyone documented the changes between the multidomain plugin by donncha and the wpmu suite? Especially the least obtrusive way of doing so.

Things broke last time, hopefully I can prepare better next time :smiley:

cheers

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello @madivad,

I hope you're well today and thanks for your question!

I believe you're referring to the "WordPress MU Domain Mapping" plugin by Donncha in relation to our own Domain Mapping

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/

I think it's worth noting that our domain mapping plugin allows eNom domain reselling and works with the WHMCS plugins we have. Donncha has also stopped developing domain mapping plugin as WP 4.4 version will have native domain mapping functionality.

This makes our Domain Mapping plugin the only full-featured solution that's being actively developed and supported. However, even when WP 4.4. comes out I think our plugin will still have some serious advantages over "core domain mapping", let's just mention reselling options.

A few months back when I tried to move to the WPMU way of things, I had things breaking all over the place, sites inaccessible, plugins broken, and so I quickly reverted back.

In case you have any issues please start threads on our support forum, possibly giving as much details as your able to, and we'll be glad to help and assist you.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.