Multisite Network Admin Showing Updates Required

I just started using multisite and Upfront plugins in tandem while taking the two currently available courses.

My network admin page is showing that I have updates required in the Themes, Defender, and WPMU Dev areas on the left side admin bar.

They won't go away no matter what I do, and no updates at all ar available in these areas.

Please advise why the update buttons are showing up and how to get rid of them.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Brandon,

This is strange - I'm not able to replicate this on my site would you mind allowing support access so we can have a closer look at this?
    To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Also please tell me who is your hosting provider.

As for Defender - do you see similar thing:

those are not updates, those are issues that needs your attentions. It shows list of items to improve and also other things you have to check like strange files in security check.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Brandon

I was able to resolve the first issue somehow. One of the themes needed to be updated in the non-network admin panel of the primary domain.

Now I see the defender plugin also has a notification, and it's because 2 files in my installation need attention. However, when I click to fix them, it wants to run a scan and it keeps saying this:
    Your server resource usage is too close to your limit. Please try again in 15 minutes.

I'm not doing anything on my server right now and my cPanel shows no server resource usage whatsoever.

• Nithin

Hi Brandon,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Now I see the defender plugin also has a notification, and it's because 2 files in my installation need attention. However, when I click to fix them, it wants to run a scan and it keeps saying this:
    Your server resource usage is too close to your limit. Please try again in 15 minutes.

Glad to know you have figured out the first issue. Regarding the issue with Defender, I checked and a scan does produce Your server resource usage is too close to your limit. Please try again in 15 minutes. message.

Could you please try adding the following code in your /mu-plugins, folder located inside /wp-content directory, and check whether it works fine? You'll have to create a php file, eg: test.php(file name not relevant), and add the code as shown above.

<?php

add_filter( 'wd_limit_cpu', 'wd_limit_cpu' );
    function wd_limit_cpu() {
    	return 30;
    }

Please check this link for more information on creating a /mu-plugins:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-manual-2/using-mu-plugins/

Please let us know how that goes, so that we could give a closer look. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• Brandon

Works like a charm. However, the defender scan appears to not be able to run on any website on my hosting reseller account. How can I fix this globally through a request to my host? Or is there no other way than by creating the PHP file in the must-use plugins folder?

Also, I can implement this solution regardless of whether or not my website is on a multi-site network, correct?

Thanks for your help!!

• Nithin

Hi Brandon,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

How can I fix this globally through a request to my host?

I'll have to check this with the developer, whether there is any workaround to make this work globally in your host, this entirely depends upon your CPU usage.

Or is there no other way than by creating the PHP file in the must-use plugins folder?

I'm afarid, at the moment, you'll have to create a PHP file in the /mu-plugins folder in order to make this work.

You'll have to go to your website, eg: websiteURL.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wdf-debug, and check the CPU usage. You'll then have to add the the value higher than your CPU usage, in the above code.

For eg: Your CPU usage was around 26, in your website. So, I returned a value higher than 26, ie 30, in order to make this work. You'll have to follow the same step, and add the return values according to it.

You can check this link for more info:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/defender-fix-issues-server-resource-usage-is-too-close-to-your-limit

Also, I can implement this solution regardless of whether or not my website is on a multi-site network, correct?

Yes, you can implement the solution on multisite, and single site installs for errors related to Your server resource usage is too close to your limit.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.