Multisite Network with vanity domains

I am running a large multisite network with hundreds of sites.
The majority of sites have their own custom domain, separate from the main site on the network's domain.

If I want the Video Tutorials to work on all the sites, do I need to add each individual domain to https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-admin/profile.php?page=vidapi ?

Is there no way to do this at a Multisite Network level?

Patrick

Hi there @Skyshab

I hope you're well today!

Indeed, the video tutorials will work just fine with mapped sites as the Video Tutorial plugin is integrated with our Domain Mapping plugin.

You simply need to enter your WPMU DEV API Key on the network settings screen as seen in the screenshot below.

If you are not using our Domain Mapping plugin, an alternative could be to create a page on your main site where you would add the shortcodes for the videos you want. Your users could then access those videos directly on your site.

You could even make it real easy for them to find that page by adding a network-wide footer, using our Ultimate Branding plugin, and adding a link to the page there. You could leverage that option to include a whole bunch more useful information & links that would appear on every site in the network.

Would that work as an alternative?

Nathan

I believe I have found the answer to my own question. In the domain mapping plugin, there is a setting for "Redirect administration pages to site's original domain". If you are using custom domains for your sites, you need to have this checked for the API key to cover all of your subsites. The admin areas for the sites will resolve at their original multisite domain, but this is not a dealbreaker for me in this circumstance.