Multisite not pulling up sites at subdomains

I created the wildcard subdomain at my Cpanel, edited the wp-config file, see the multisite information on my WP dashboard, and made changes to the .htcaccess file, but when I go to a "site" created in the dashboard I don't see anything.

What did I miss?

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Marv Dorner,

So sorry to hear the inconvenience. You said, "I created the wildcard subdomain at my Cpanel" but if your DNS is still hosted on the company from where you bought this domain, then you will need to create that wildcard subdomain entry in your Domain Control Panel in your account from where you bought that domain. To know how to create wildcard entry in Domain Control Panel, you should contact them from where you bought this domain.

For example, if you bought your domain from GoDaddy, then this article will give you idea regarding how you can do this: https://www.godaddy.com/help/setting-up-wildcard-dns-3301

I believe this will resolve your issue. Please let us know if this doesn't. We will be glad to investigate further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Marv Dorner
    • Flash Drive

When I go to GoDaddy, which is where I purchased the domain, I get a message stating "We can't display your DNS information because your nameservers aren't managed by us."

I'm assuming that means everything should be taking place at Hostmonster, where the domain is hosted. A wildcard subdomain is already created there.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Marv Dorner,

Yes. That means, your DNS is hosted outside of GoDaddy and as you are hosting your site at Hostmonster, I believe they are handling your DNS.

Now, I could tell you better about the issue if I could see it live, check your current configuration and make some tests on your site. Moreover, I'll need your cPanel access to troubleshoot this. Can you please send me a message with your cPanel and WP access credentials through our secure contact form here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question

Subject: "Attn: Rupok"
    - cPanel Username
    - cPanel Password
    - cPanel Login URL
    - WordPress admin Username
    - WordPress admin Password
    - Login URL
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant URLs

The subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

We will jump in after you send us these credentials.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Marv Dorner,

I'm so sorry for the delay from our end and I do apologize for this. We will try to make sure that this type of delay doesn't happen again.

Thanks for sending the email with your WP and cPanel credentials. Your WP Login credentials worked fine but the account you created for me doesn't have access to your Network Dashboard I guess. I can only access your main site Dashboard. But for checking the multisite configuration, I will need your Network Dashboard access.

If you are not comfortable with sharing super admin credentials with us, would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this? Support Access will allow us to have access to your Network Dashboard and that won't need you to send us login credentials.

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please confirm here when you are done granting Support Access.

Regarding your provided cPanel credentials, I'm afraid, those are not working. It's showing "Login Failed". Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

Can you please send us working cPanel login credentials so we can investigate this and can try to find out what's causing this? You can send this information in the same way you sent the previous one.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.