MultiSite Not Working

Since 9 hour of waiting and problem didnt solved...i am trying to get help from here...

i am just copy pasting from other thread

No matter how hard i try...I am not figuring out why *.example.com is not working...

i am hoping you can help

its totally frustrating for me since 2 days..

I am new to multisites..

step done

i enable multiste
define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true);

logoin to my shared hostgator cpanel

went to subdomain and add my domain

*.example.com

and rooted to public html since i am using only one domain ..on my root

i checked both of my site address in wp general section..both r same

i install my wordpress in root

i went to file manager then wp-content then add folder blogs.dir

i copy wp-config coding+ httcces coding hence

# BEGIN WordPress
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
# uploaded ?les
RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)??les/(.+) wp-includes/ms-?les.php??le=$2 [L]
# add a trailing slash to /wp-admin
RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?wp-admin$ $1wp-admin/ [R=301,L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^ - [L]
RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $2 [L]
RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ $2 [L]
RewriteRule . index.php [L]

# END WordPress

and for wp-config

define('WP_DEBUG', false);
/* Multisite */
define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true);
define('MULTISITE', true);
define('SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', true);
define('DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'example.com');
define('PATH_CURRENT_SITE', '/');
define('SITE_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);
define('BLOG_ID_CURRENT_SITE', 1);
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

after doing all setup..

i add new site

test.example.com

but its saying server not found error

http://i.imgur.com/uQYH0qR.jpg

what the hell..i did wrong

i check my dns setting and its already there
*.example.com A 192.0.43.10

conversion between me and my host

My Questions
Please make sure the Apache mod_rewrite module is installed as it will be used at the end of this installation.

If mod_rewrite is disabled, ask your administrator to enable that module, or look at the Apache documentation or elsewhere for help setting it up.

I am getting this message from wordpress...& I unable to comlete my installtion..Plz enable Apache mod-rewrite as soon as possible so i can complete my installtion

And I need sir all this

SERVER REQUIREMENT

PHP 5.2.4 or greater

MySql 5.0.15 or greater

Apache_mod_rewrite module
----------------------------------------------------
Wordpress

WordPress must install in root directory plz check if i am dome correctly or not

also did you support wild card DNS?

There Anwser:

Hello,

Yes, wildcard is enabled, mod_rewrite is also enabled by default on all our machine.

Apache version 2.2.23
PHP version 5.3.19
MySQL version 5.1.65-cll

Those information can all be found over cPanel.

Let us know if you need anything further, we'll be happy to help!

You will probably need some module such as http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-mu-domain-mapping/ for handling mapped domains.

The best way to got some help with your script is still to contact your developer directly:

http://wordpress.org/support/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thats it i hope you people with expertise can help me........

my domain is
vipmaking.com

• Mark Wallace

It sounds like you have been bitten by the "cPanel wildcard sub-domain bug" it became a problem for many host companies after the last cPanel update. You will need your host provider to fix for you.

I had it with my first host company Host Gator, and since it is a cPanel issue i have it with my current host company http://aecnu.org <<< I Highly recommend for WP.

I just created about 6-7 multisites and sent Joe the list and he fixed them up for me all at once.

But do contact your host provider and tell them what is going on, and have them check for the cPanel wildcard sub-domain bug.

I do not know if this affects FTP installs or not! @aecnu can probably advise on that. "Joe! does that bug affect multisite install that are set up via FTP"?

@newdon Contact your host!
    Be Blessed!

• Zyniker

As I see you've opened a new thread, I marked the other as resolved. Here is the response I posted in that previous thread just before you opened this one:

I just checked the settings for your site and it seems that DNS is not resolving properly for subdomains. This means that there is either a problem with the wildcarding enabled for your domain or the settings have not yet propagated. As I checked using OpenDNS (which propagates quickly and allows for manual refresh), I'm inclined to believe the former is the culprit here.

Would you mind providing a screenshot of your DNS settings? I do not see a wildcard entry for your domain: http://who.is/dns/vipmaking.com. Compare with one of the domains I run which does have a wildcard entry: http://who.is/dns/chapmanlaw.org.

• Zyniker

And.Hello, he's hosting with HostGator. Their support, at least in my experiencing and seemingly for many others, is extremely hit or miss. Their support staff will often try to be helpful, but HostGator seems to hire people they can pay as little as possible, which means those support staff members may want to be helpful, but they often lack the knowledge to be so.

At any rate, the cPanel problems you brought up may very well be the culprit. newdon, a possible workaround, if you cannot get this working with HostGator, is to offload your DNS to some other service (e.g., Rackspace's Cloud DNS). If HostGator has truly enabled wildcarding on your install, then the only step remaining is to get DNS working properly.

• newdon

i have two hosting provider

one is underhost and another is hostgator

i get to know that both are now sucks!

here is simple dns record from underhost

http://i.imgur.com/RH8W539.jpg

is that now possible solution that without changing host i can get it sort out

Advanced DNS Zone Editor

http://i.imgur.com/cl6VrHx.jpg

hope to get quick reply as i get early in this section not as last one

i didnt sleep whole night..but waiting for reply

• Mark Wallace

For host gator support use the ticket system, and not chat. The chat will hold your hand a give a gallant attempt.

When you submit a support ticket via the billing client it usually goes right to a system admin.

I have only had one bad experience with HG via ticket system and that was after i called them out on the Inodes count on my so called "UNLIMITED" package. Ha Ha that joke was on me!

In any reguards via ticket system with host gator tell them you are having a problem with wildcard domains and believe it is related to the cPanel bug they have had since the last cPanel update.

If they claim they do not know about it; please post their response here, and i will give you some ticket numbers to give to them as you kick'em to the curb for lieing to you about it.

Kinda of like they did with the "Unlimited" package they sold you/us.

Don't get me wrong, i am very thankful for them holding my hand early on, and have kept one of my simple static page websites with them, but you should seek a more WordPress experienced host provider.

Thanks!
    Be Blessed!

• newdon

For host gator support use the ticket system, and not chat. The chat will hold your hand a give a gallant attempt.

When you submit a support ticket via the billing client it usually goes right to a system admin.

I have only had one bad experience with HG via ticket system and that was after i called them out on the Inodes count on my so called "UNLIMITED" package. Ha Ha that joke was on me!

In any reguards via ticket system with host gator tell them you are having a problem with wildcard domains and believe it is related to the cPanel bug they have had since the last cPanel update.

If they claim they do not know about it; please post their response here, and i will give you some ticket numbers to give to them as you kick'em to the curb for lieing to you about it.

Kinda of like they did with the "Unlimited" package they sold you/us.

Don't get me wrong, i am very thankful for them holding my hand early on, and have kept one of my simple static page websites with them, but you should seek a more WordPress experienced host provider.

Thanks!
    Be Blessed!

thanks for reply mate

yep i just created ticket...and waiting for there reply and reply from others (possibly here) for possible solution without changing host bcz for underhost i paid yearly :slight_frown:

i am new to all this and hoping for some light and possible solution bcz it matter to me very deeply!!!

• Mark Wallace

Since you are new to all of this; Know that you have found the right place. Not only because of plugins, but because of the support you will get here.

I have learned more here in 6 months then i everywhere else combined.

You are on the right track with WPMU Dev. so give it a little time and you will not regret it. You might have a bad thread experience here and there, but over all, this community is awesome, and getting better and better.

A few months ago the Benevolent Dictator "James CEO" made some promises to the community on a thread, and the staff has been delivering on that promise.

I do not know James very well, but from what i have seen, if he say's "Guaranteed" you can take it to the bank. :slight_smile: <<<Now if fails i have to throw rotten eggs at his house lol J/K

HG will get to you in less then 4 hours or so! "Since i am not working on my Host Gator site tonight they may be a little quicker" lol

Enjoy!

• newdon

Thanks Again Mate for your kind reply...if this problem get sorted out quickly..who doesnt want to be here..from last 2 days and night i am stuck to this multisite trap..amazing thing i got multiple response from multiple source...i done it all..as you can see OP..but not getting any success...besides asking i also did search but not getting anything..now i am start to believe that either i am too hungry to get rid of problem or just i am totally suck...bcz big project going on from today..if i didnt make it then ?????

so that i am trying from last 2 days and night without sleep answer to my problem...hmmmmmmm this is not place for crying sorry guyz but i cant control

• newdon

Yep Hostgator Responded
    "Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding this support request.

You can add a wildcard entry for a domain using cPanel. Information on doing this can be found in our knowledge base at
    http://support.hostgator.com/articles/hosting-guide/lets-get-started/dns-name-servers/wildcard-dns-what-is-it-and-how-do-i-use-it

If you like, we can add this wildcard domain for you. Just let us know the domain for which you are needing the wildcard added.

If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know."

and about underhost login pass...i provided with cpanel details..

yep they finally update cpanel details (underhost)its finally working for me now :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

thanks guyz to help me a lot..

i wanna thanks Zyniker And.Hello for thier support :slight_smile:

now issue remain with hostagor...

• aecnu

Greetings newdon and Zyniker,

I am happy that newdon got everything under control with the hosting issue, absolutely and without reservation.

What I do not understand is the willingness of people to support companies that are obviously incompetent and liars from the start?

@Zyniker What is your vested interest in Host Gator? What could possibly have you so glued to helping Host Gator out in any way shape or form?

Is it a undisclosed follow the money situation? Do you own stock in them?

I just do not understand folks who support these types of entities not to mention the unlimited lie etc.?

But know, I will stay loyal to a company that lies to me i.e. unlimited versus inodes etc. and cannot fix my issue. Oh give them a chance? .... lmao!

Or the c99 security faults etc.

I ask because as mentioned I do not understand and would like to understand if possible.

On the other hand consider the rise and fall of the west - from freedom to police states etc. They clearly get what they deserve.

I just cannot understand this thinking at all.

Cheers, Joe

• Mark Wallace

@aecnu

On the other hand consider the rise and fall of the west - from freedom to police states etc. They clearly get what they deserve.

I just cannot understand this thinking at all.

Have hope in the United State of America!

In 6 yrs we will be Isolationist, and still have a Military / Equimpment to kick the shit out of any one who wants to fight

Soon we will be able to put US Marine expeditionary Units suported by complete Striker Brigade anywhere in the world in less than 24 hours. Backed by a Floating Airport with 90 - 100 aircraft. "Larger Air force then most nation", not to mention we have already paid for "with fake budget money" 15 of these 5.5 acres of sovereign US Territory!

Only takes 3 of them to protect our own boarders, and once we wise up enough to pull our troops out of Europe and Asia. Or at least bring them home for a few days After payday. 173,900 in 150 Foreign Countries that only complain about us, 173,900 x $2,000 per month = $347,800,000 x 12 months = $4,173,600,000 per year that the US Federal Government would place back in our own economy rather then countries that do not like us.

We could by 4 more carriers every year with that money. :slight_smile:

So have hope in your Fellow Country Men; Soon our economy will crash and things will work well for us here in the Untied States of America!.

• aecnu

Greetings And.Hello,

Mark that is hysterically funny especially the part Soon our economy will crash and things will work well for us here in the Untied States of America!

Does the Roman Empire ring a bell? ... lol

Because nobody pays attention to the lessons of history, it repeats itself over and over. And if you think those Drones flying over and Fema Camps are for terrorists think again. The great Hypocrisy.

I have never lost faith in the American people themselves being one of them, but certainly know when to bail on a sinking ship and regime of lies, deceit, and deception.

Cheers, Joe

• Mark Wallace

Yeah I remember the former EU back in the post 1070 AD before the end of pax romana ; yeah see here in the US we was born out of rebellion, so there are people who will step up, resist the "Family Centers" that have the security fences curved in at the top and not out, the same ones they are building next to rail road tracks, with very wealthy people buying rail roads and placing shackles inside the rail cars.

You really think i don't see just 70-80 years back into the worlds past.

I know what is coming, and i am not storing food, or hording ammo. There are enough people doing that. I will hire them to protect my food "production" while the USA fights our 32 day civil war. Just like every nation in history; our country's military will split among the people and the government. It will be National Guard against National Guard, and National Guard against Federal troops. It will be the most advanced and brutal war the US has ever fought.

6 months later the USA will be just fine, the harder times will be the few years building up to the 32 days of civil war.

It is a very exiting time to be alive. I am not leaving, and i am not going to fight, i will teach my fellow Americans to love one another again, and i do not mean the "Emotion Love" that a old man has for the wife of his youth, but a loving respect for Human Life that can only come from shared atrocity.

Don't write us off so easily!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.