Multisite not working

Wansteadium.com is my main site , and I have another one on the network - wansteadfringe.wansteadium.com. The dashboard for that site is working OK, but when I try to view the site it defaults to wansteadium.com. Is there something wrong with my config file or htaccess perhaps? Can you help? Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello gillis

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I can see that there's a redirect (a 301 redirect showing in browser console) and I'm taken to the main site. I'm afraid, though, that it's really difficult to give an ultimate answer by just looking at the front-end of the site.

Such behavior can be caused by multiple reasons. It might be something wrong in .htaccess file or wp-config.php file, it might be an issue with domain configuration or something that needs to be tweaked in server setup. It can even be just what happens - a regular 301 redirect.

I checked the domain and it seems that both main domain and the sub-domain are pointing to the same IP so that seems fine (even if it's not a wild-card). I don't know, however, how the domain is set up on the server - there might be an issue with so called "root folder" for example.

I would need to check the site to be able to help you better and for this I'd need a direct access to both site and server - without that, I'm afraid it's just guessing. Would you be able to provide me with such access?

Note: Don't leave your login details in this ticket.
    Instead, you can send me your details using our contact form https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/#i-have-a-different-question and the template below:

Subject: "Attn: Adam Czajczyk"
    - Site login URL
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - cPanel credentials (host/username/password) <- this is very important in this case, a CPanel or similar panel that you're using to manage your server
    - Folder path to site in question
    - Link back to this thread for reference
    - Any other relevant urls/info

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.