Multisite not working properly

I set up WP multi-site, and it looks like it wants to work. The main site works. It lets me create new sites, but the 3 new sites I created are not working. From my Network Dashboard/My Sites, I can see four sites. (The original + 3 sites I created). OTOH, it says on the Dashboard I have 2 sites and 4 users. Both of those are wrong. When I visit one of the sites I created, it's there, but no styling, no nothing, just the Hello World! thing. And it doesn't let me see the dashboard on any of the sites I've created. I get this message 'The webpage at http://clarendonalliance.org/urbanvillagemarket/wp-admin/ has resulted in too many redirects.

I'll be happy to share info if people can help me out. I sort of have to get this going before the Clarendon Alliance Annual Meeting next Monday. I've been trying to make Multi-site work for the better part of a year, on and off, and it's darn frustrating, at least for me. Tech is not my area of expertise.

• PC

Hello Matt,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

I set up WP multi-site, and it looks like it wants to work. The main site works. It lets me create new sites, but the 3 new sites I created are not working. From my Network Dashboard/My Sites, I can see four sites. (The original + 3 sites I created). OTOH, it says on the Dashboard I have 2 sites and 4 users. Both of those are wrong.

So first thing is that the main site lets you create new sites. That is a good info.

You see 4 sites from Dashboard >> Sites
    On the dashboard it says 2 sites and 4 users, the reason might be that 2 sites are created with same email address and the same username and other 2 might be using a different email address.

When I visit one of the sites I created, it's there, but no styling, no nothing, just the Hello World! thing. And it doesn't let me see the dashboard on any of the sites I've created. I get this message 'The webpage at http://clarendonalliance.org/urbanvillagemarket/wp-admin/ has resulted in too many redirects.

Can you please give me a couple of links to the subsites you have created ?

I just want to make sure that the subsites are working fine before we go ahead and troubleshoot anything else.

I'll be happy to share info if people can help me out.

I agree that the issue has made you worry. It happens but I will request you not to share the details with just about anyone. Here is a thread for general info : https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-to-get-safe-support

I doubt that there might be something wrong with the multisite installation so please send me your login credentials via our secure contact form

Mark the email to my attention
    Include a link to this thread
    Include FTP
    Include Control Panel details
    Include WordPress superadmin details.

I will then look into it closely and post a solution here.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.