Multisite pages broken – not loading css?

Hi,

I’m setting up my first multisite, but I’m running into problems with the first (and probably all) site I’m creating.

The main site is fine (komshoppendemo.nieuwmedia.nl) But whenever I create a new site and set up a very simple homepage in the same style, it turns out the site’s stylesheet or whatever it may be is broken and all of a sudden it looks like this: http://komshoppendemo.nieuwmedia.nl/voorbeeld/

It should look the main page. I’m using the same elements and CSS.

Any ideas? I’ve tried setting up another site within the network to see what happens, but it’s the same.

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Wouter,

I hope you are well today. Thank you for your question. I’ve moved this topic into the Multisite Support tickets to have it handled better.

In order to narrow down what could be causing your problems, could you please restore and network activate the default themes that ship with WordPress and set one of them as active on all of your sites (network admin site and subsites)? Twenty Sixteen would be fine.

If the default WordPress theme functions properly on all of your subsites, then please network activate your desired theme and set it active on one of your subsites and see if you are still having problems.

I’ll continue to watch this thread for replies. I look forward to seeing the results of your test.

Best regards,

James Morris

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Wouter,

I hope you are well today.

Generally speaking, no, this isn’t a common problem with multisite. Basically, it’s a matter of doing things in a particular order. Generally speaking, when I setup mulitisites, I do all configuration using the default theme, then move to design.

Let me know if you have any further questions. I’ll be happy to help! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.