multisite plugin locked me out of my single site install

Hello!

First, I want to emphasize that I realize this problem is 100% my own fault for not being more careful and a) backing up the site and b) reading your description more carefully.

I installed Dashboard Widget Order and now I'm locked out of that site and can't remove it. Luckily it's my "sandbox" site where I play around with things. If I delete it and start another sandbox.

I'm writing to suggest some sort of installation or activation warning that would detect if an installation would conflict with the site.

Again, I realize this is completely, unambiguously, my fault.

One more question. I've got a number of different usernames here. kenn_fong4 is currently the master account. How do I delete the other account(s)? I want to do this because their existence blocks me from using my preferred email address, which is Kenn@KennFong.com.

Thanks, kenn/

• Paul Barthmaier

Hi there, Kenn, and welcome again to the WPMUdev Support Community!

Isn't this why we love WordPress? In today's world we are all isolated behind our computers and when we try to install a simple website with WordPress, we run into trouble that sends us screaming to the WPMU DEV Support Community! Ahhhh, good old human interaction revived and updated. Maybe we should call it, Socialization 2.0!

Anyway, if it's a sandbox site, then this should be easier for you to take care of. You can delete the plugin easily using FTP. You can delete the plugin folder or rename it, either way it will interrupt the functioning of the plugin so you can get back in. If there is any data in the database, however, that would remain.

As for getting rid of users, you should be able to see all of your users in the Dashboard under users. Go to yourdomain.com/wp-admin/users.php and there they are.

Cheers,
    Paul

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for being a great community member.

We haven't heard from you on this one for long and I am doing a regular followup to see if there is still something we can assist you on this thread.

Just to manage the support issues more efficiently, I am marking this thread as resolved for now however this is not being done to avoid your questions in any ways.

Please feel free to mark this is "Not resolved" in case you have further questions and we would be back on it.

Thanks a lot for being with WPMU DEV.

Cheers
    PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.