Multisite plugin question

I'm new here and new to multisites.

I'm in the process of testing some plugins. In this case it's the In Post Ads plugin.

But my questions is about all MU plugins.

If i install a plugin like the In Post Ads. Is this plugin for the admin of the network ( ie me :slight_smile: ) or every user that signs up.

I intend to offer free blogs and would like to have stuff installed across every new blog set up by normal users.. But i don't want them to be able to edit / remove my plugins.

In this case if i added the Id Ad Plugin.. and i wanted to put a small advert letting others know to sign up for a free blog .. and I wouldn't want them to remove it.. can i do this >

If i wanted to add a ad or message in the footer / below the blog -- can i do this ?

If i want Google stats installed so i can check all traffic coming to every site can i do this ?

If i can how do i set up the plugins so they will work across every site with other people signing up and just deactivating the plugins in there admin area ?

--------
I installed my Multisite via cpanel -- should i download an office copy and install it manually ?.. or does it matter.

thanks for reading :wink:

• aecnu

Greetings davidstokes,

Thank you for the great questions.

But my questions is about all MU plugins.

Nothing is all even in WordPress. This will totally depend on the plugin, its mission and if you have network activated it or not.

I suggest you read the usage instructions of each plugin you want to install which will tell the possibilities and activations. Here for In Post Ads plugin.

In this case if i added the Id Ad Plugin.. and i wanted to put a small advert letting others know to sign up for a free blog .. and I wouldn't want them to remove it.. can i do this >

If i wanted to add a ad or message in the footer / below the blog -- can i do this ?

Absolutely but I see that you need to apply yourself and learn this stuff because each configuration is different and nothing works for "all" sites.

So you develop along the best that you can and put in tickets here on WPMU DEV when you reach a point you cannot figure out something or have a specific issue.

If i want Google stats installed so i can check all traffic coming to every site can i do this ?

Absolutely you can do anything - or can you? How do I know what you can do or not do? If one is a competent coder the sky is the limit with vision and the will to get the job done - and I am not a coder.

If i can how do i set up the plugins so they will work across every site with other people signing up and just deactivating the plugins in there admin area ?

Network activated for those that can be cannot be deactivated by the end user of other sites.

I installed my Multisite via cpanel -- should i download an office copy and install it manually ?.. or does it matter.

I personally do all installs manually via FTP to make sure that every file was properly uploaded as my FTP client will report.

Now that I have answered your questions, I would suggest you start out with the Pro Sites plugin to help you control end users and there sites. Be sure not to miss the usage tab either.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings davidstokes,

Thank you for that feedback and what on earth would make me possibly withhold answers?

I have nothing on you? i.e. no grudge, no incidents, nothing.

What about the possibility that I either do not know and that I was trying to be as helpful as possible even though I don't know? Or that I did indeed tell you everything I do know and that I felt baited with the "all" statement? All, never, forever, always etc.?

In any event, have a GREAT weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.