Multisite privacy Hang

I installed Multisite privacy and told it to update my sites. It has been sitting on the "Applying to sites, please wait...
0 of 4 sites updated "
Now for well over an hour. After waiting for 50 min I left and logged back in. Each time I go to the network dashboard it takes me to the
"Applying to sites, please wait...
0 of 4 sites updated " page and does nothing. Now I can not access my Network Dashboard. This is bad!

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

To get access back you can simply log in with FTP and delete the plugin files.

Then visit your network admin area again.

Does your php have enough memory? What is the memory set to?

Who are you hosting with?

How many other plugins and themes are you roughly running?

Take care.

• harley_coggins
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I dont know the answer to the memory
    I am hosting with Host Gator
    I had my server reset a week ago where I was running 30+ plug ins and over 100 themes. Was testing things. I had Hostgator delete everything and allow me to start from scratch. I am only running the Pro-sites, and Membership plug in and 1 theme from MysiteMyway

• Timothy Bowers
    • Chief Pigeon

You would need to find out what memory you have and what is being used, your host should be able to help with that.

To find the PHP settings you can create a php file with the following:

<?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>

Upload it to your site and navigate to it in your browser.

30 plugins isn't so bad compared to some.

Let me know what the memory is and what's being used. This could also help:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-memory-usage/screenshots/

Take care

• harley_coggins
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I am told I have 256 megs and this:

User may not:
    1) Use 25% or more of system resources for longer then 90 seconds. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
    2) Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
    3) Run any type of web spider or indexer (including Google Cash / AdSpy) on shared servers.
    4) Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
    5) Run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client. You may link to legal torrents off-site, but may not host or store them on our shared servers.
    6) Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
    7) Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield1942, etc
    8) Run cron entries with intervals of less than 15 minutes.
    9) Run any MySQL queries longer than 15 seconds. MySQL tables should be indexed appropriately.
    10) When using PHP include functions for including a local file, include the local file rather than the URL. Instead of include("http://yourdomain.com/include.php" use include("include.php"
    11) To help reduce usage, do not force html to handle server-side code (like php and shtml).
    12) Only use https protocol when necessary; encrypting and decrypting communications is noticeably more CPU-intensive than unencrypted communications.

I only have 2 plugins running when I installed it.

• harley_coggins
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I am learning more and more about this. I had it set up that users would be able to set up sites. I installed the Multisite privacy plug in and it froze. I deleted as requested but now users can not see the site create option, or create a site. At this point I see no other then to delete the entire server and db and start all over again.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.