Multisite Privacy - Make Separate Menu Item

Hi,

Any chance somebody could shed some light on how I could move where this plugin is administrated on individual blogs from the Settings --> Reading section to it's only dedicated menu. Basically would like to just create a new top level menu called Privacy and have the options available there. Also, would I be able to make this menu accessible by Editors rather than only Administrators?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Cabe, I hope you're well today!

I'm afraid that the permissions are hard-coded in the plugin and can't be changed to allow Editors to change it.
    But why would you want to do that?
    There is 1 admin and many editors.
    Each editor has their own opinion about how things should be done, but the admin should take the decision about an issue like that!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Cabe
    • New Recruit

Hi Ari,

Thanks for your response but the way my multi site is setup, there are no admins, just editors. I do this because the settings I allow them access to, I want tightly controlled. Also the other question regarding moving the settings to their own top level is something I need to achieve.

I understand all of this is going to be hard coded. I wasn't sure if you guys were able to provide extra assistance in changing that code. If not, I will try to look further into it myself and if need be hire an outside resource, just wanted to check here first as I assume it's just changing a few lines.

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello again @Cabe,

I have notified the plugin developer about this issue. As soon as he gets here I'm sure he'll be able to help us some more with this.
    Please keep in mind though that plugin developers have a lot of responsibilities so this might take a bit longer than a normal ticket.

Cheers,
    Ari.

• S H Mohanjith
    • Developer

Privacy settings are handled by WordPress core. The plugin hooks into the privacy settings and adds the extra settings.

It's not easy to move the settings to a different page, but you could add an extra page dedicated for privacy settings. You could see options-reading.php for ideas.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.